Quality , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
QC Chemistry Analyst – North Dublin
- Dublin North
PE Global are currently recruiting a QC Chemistry Analyst on behalf of our Biotech client in North Dublin –
The QC Chemistry Analyst role is a critically important activity to ensure efficient and effective compliant design, construction, qualification, and operation of the new strategic Drug Substance facility. This tremendous opportunity will be responsible for qualifying the Chemistry analytical lab and in the transfer of Chemistry analytical methods. This person will be key in the layout of the lab testing to ensure the process is streamlined and in line with lean methodologies.
To maximize the development opportunity, the candidate will be the key talent in analytical Chemistry techniques and in Pharmacopeia methods.
The candidate will be actively supported and encouraged to continue their development and knowledge build, incorporating areas to support their future development and ability to continuously improve in their current role.
The candidate will provide support to other analysts within the lab area, including training and guidance on their area of expertise.
The full analytical scope will incorporate micro, chemistry, bioassay, raw materials, stability and in-process). Innovation and advanced analytical methods (rapid ID technics, paperless lab, etc) will allow the candidate challenge current thinking in designing for the future. The candidate will have responsibilities in analytical transfer and qualification of methods.
Activities within the role
The motivation to be an inspiring member of a high performing team.
- The desire to continuously learn, improve and develop.
- Perform supportive activities for general lab readiness, laboratory equipment qualification and method transfers.
- Perform and carry out a variety of routine analytical techniques including but not limited to HPLC, HIC, CE, IEX, HP-SEC, UV, pH, Colour, Osmolality, Degree of Coloration and Appearance in compliance with GMP requirements.
- Follow up-to-date analytical practices with reference to pharmacopoeias, specifications, regulations and industry standards.
- Support the laboratory testing schedule to achieve an efficient QC system.
- Receive and manage samples that come into the lab for stability, in-process and release testing.
- Solution preparation, cleaning, routine equipment maintenance and system set-up.
- Writing and update of SOPs.
- Maintain good housekeeping and hygiene within the laboratory.
- Calibrate and maintain all designated laboratory instruments.
- Participate in risk assessments, inspections, audits, incident investigations, etc. and implement and follow-up on corrective / preventative measures.
- Ensure training is current for all job functions performed.
- Assist in training new QC Analysts on routine procedures and practices.
- Order, stock and receive laboratory supplies.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs, specifications and cGMP regulations.
- Ensure that cGMP standards are maintained at all times.
- Delivery of area performance to meet or exceed performance or quality goals.
- Promote and participate the implementation and maintenance of the relevant safety programmes.
- Participate and Comply with the Quality Management System requirements.
- Responsible for driving a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying Six Sigma tools.
- This position will be on days with the possibility of shift work when required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required
- 3-5 years industry experience with significant knowledge and experience in working in a Chemistry lab unit and working with contract labs
- Experience in High Performance Liquid Chromatography with Empower 3, Capillary Electrophoresis, Osmolality, pH, Appearance testing, UV
- Working knowledge of QC Systems (Empower, LIMS) and SAP
- Degree qualification (Science/Quality/Technical). Master preferred.
- Preference Lean Six Sigma
- Ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Strong organisational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to think critically, logically and be proactive.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative in a constructive manner
- Flexible and self-motivated
Interested candidates should send their up to date CV to Audrey.email@example.com