Quality , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
QC Microbiologist – South Dublin
- Dublin South
PE Global are currently recruiting for a QC Microbiologist for our Bio client site in South Dublin:
Under minimal supervision, successful candidate would be responsible for one or more of the following activities in QC including microbiological testing, method transfers and verification, sample and data management and equipment maintenance. This role is for an experienced and technically strong associate who will spend 90% of their work day performing testing. The successful candidate would contribute to team by ensuring the quality of the tasks/services provided by self and contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects or activities within team. This role will support manufacturing operations, as such some extended hours, shift and weekend work may be necessary as required.
Specific Job Duties:
• Endotoxin testing of water, in-process and drug product release samples
• Bioburden testing of water & in-process drug product samples
• Sterility testing
• Water sampling
• Lab Support duties such as Biological Indicator testing, Growth Promotion, Media Preparation, Identifications and Autoclave.
• Writing technical reports
• Perform analytical testing as a main priority with efficiency and accuracy
• With a high degree of technical flexibility, work across diverse areas within the lab
• Plan and perform multiple, complex routine/ non-routine methods and procedures and a large variety of assays.
• Report, evaluate, back-up/archive, trend and approve analytical data.
• Troubleshoot, solve problems and communicate with stakeholders.
• Initiate and/or implement changes in controlled documents.
• Participate in audits, initiatives, and projects that may be departmental or organizational in scope.
• Write protocols and perform assay validation and equipment qualification/verification.
• Introduce new techniques to the lab, including method transfers, reports, validations and protocols.
• Evaluate lab practices for compliance and operational excellence improvement on a continuous basis.
• Approve lab results
• May participate in lab investigations.
• May provide technical guidance.
• May train others.
• May contribute to regulatory filings.
• May represent the department/organization on various teams
• May interact with outside resources
• Bachelors degree in a science discipline
• Biopharmaceutical QC experience in a microbiology lab
• Experience with regulatory compliance in cGMP manufacturing and testing of pharmaceutical products
• Experience working in endotoxin, bioburden or sterility testing
• Proficient in GMP systems such as LIMS Labware & LMES
• Experience in a wide variety of microbiological techniques, including but not limited to Bioburden, Endotoxin, Sterility (in an Isolator), Environmental Monitoring, Rapid Micro techniques, Microbial Identification, Media prep, Water Sampling.
• Understanding and application of principles, concepts, theories and standards of GMP QC microbiology laboratories. Deepens technical knowledge through exposure and continuous learning
• Knowledge of related regulatory/industry considerations, compliance issues and/or scientific discovery Skills
• Take initiative to identify and drive improvements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Technically strong background in microbiology and aseptic manufacturing
• Experience in LIMS, Change Control, Trackwise, SAP and CDOCS an advantage
• Flexibility – the role often encounters changing priorities (also required to work weekend on call – Rota system)
• Experience with Regulatory inspectors and interacting with inspectors desirable
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and deliver right first time results
o Works under minimal direction
o Work is guided by objectives of the department or assignment
o Follows procedures
• Refers to technical standards, principles, theories and precedents as needed
• May set project timeframes and priorities based on project objectives and ongoing assignments.
• Recognizes and escalates problems
o Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
o Auditing documentation and operation process
o Demonstrated ability to interact with regulatory agencies
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Audrey on 0214297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***