Engineering & Electronics
Quality Test Technician
PE Global are looking for a Proving Test Technician to join a reputable Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough. This is a 12 month + contract that is likely to be extended.
- Fault finding on machines, working with software diagnostic tools and using key principles.
- Manufacturing of parts from mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum using TIG and MIG welding plant.
- Creation of bespoke pipework to fit machine installations.
- Producing electrical looms to integrate powertrains into machines.
- Servicing plant machinery to maintain fleet.
- Fixing mechanical defaults (hydraulic experience desirable)
- Instrumentation experience (data loggers, sensors, temp. pressure, speed)
- Fabrication/Welding Experience
- Plant Maintenance
- Electrical Fault Finding
- Demonstrable high level of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical/electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of powertrains and machines.
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures.
- The ability to work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives.
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application.
- You will possess effective communication skills to liaise with various levels of the organization.
- The ability to use hand/power tools, lifting and welding equipment.
- Prepared to undertake required training/learning.
- Applicants will ideally have an engineering or motor mechanics apprenticeship and some relevant work experience.
- Working towards or completed some form of relevant higher education (NVQ Level 3).
- Good PC skills ability to use Microsoft Office and CAT designed software
- Good machine/engine hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and diagnostic/problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in maintenance repair of off-highway vehicles and/or large goods vehicles
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***