Engineering & Electronics
Senior Automation Engineer (Lab Systems)
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Senior Automation Engineer (Lab systems) on behalf of our client based in Carlow. This is an initial 11 month contract role.
The Automation Lead Engineer for labs will be responsible for delivery of Automation and IT scope on one or more lab projects in the portfolio of capital projects. This candidate will be required to work closely with the relevant teams responsible for the full Automation and IT scope and with vendors / partners with responsibility for delivery of systems.
- Partner with local project teams to deliver Automation and IT aspects of Laboratory capital projects
- Develop and/or review System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverables, compliant with standards
- Coach, mentor and provide technical training to colleagues.
- Understand and educate local project teams on automation standards as they relate to technology selection, system configuration, SDLC, validation, hardware, software environments and business processes.
- Work closely with the QAIT function to ensure compliance with Quality standards.
- Provide input to the development of project schedules and document trackers.
- Participate in, and support, relevant project meetings.
- Support the development and execution of project staffing plans if required.
- Drive efficiencies in execution of projects to reduce costs and cycle times based on standards
- Engages with stakeholders at all levels of projects.
- Ensures that SDLC is appropriately applied
Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical degree.
- 3+ years of experience in project/automation/IT support in a similar role with experience in laboratory analytical instrument qualification.
- Excellent facilitation, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and define business problems, develop business cases, and identify appropriate process and technological solutions is essential.
- Proven facilitation, meeting/workshop management, project management and change management skills are essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Experience with Laboratory systems such as LIMS, Empower and Nugenesis
- Experience in automation equipment used in Laboratory an advantage
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Kellie on 0214297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***