Engineering & Electronics
Senior Automation Engineer
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Senior Automation Engineer on behalf of our medical device client based in Limerick. This is an initial 12-month contract role, hybrid role.
The Role and Primary Tasks:
• Develop machine control software involving servo pneumatic and data control.
• Participate among multi-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
• Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs
• Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify automation software
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to organize, plan and implement multiple tasks to tight schedules, to ensure work on time and within budget.
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Ability to detail own work clearly and accurately
• Strong communication skills and provide technical expertise.
• Monitor and analyse opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
• Attention to detail
• Provide training and mentoring to less experience staff.
Key Position Responsibilities:
• Develop a strong understanding of the business, strategic direction, overall organizational goals and individual user needs.
• Development of machine design control systems including servo motion and high-speed device integration.
• Develop, test and install PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment
• Develop User, Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
• Develop high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
• Work within a cross functional multidiscipline team environment.
• Participates within project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
• Lead Automation team as part of a project, to deliver robust technical solutions as per project timelines.
• Provide ideas and solutions for the improvement and development of control systems.
• Fault-find complex automation equipment
• Maintain comprehensive documentation of code to Medical Device standards
• Adopt and promote a strong cultural Credo
• Ensure effective closure on Quality System documentation and NC/CAPA actions
• Prioritize multiple tasks while working to tight schedules
Skills, Abilities and Education Requirements:
• Bachelors in Automation Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field preferred.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience working with automated control systems as part of a machine design team.
• Strong PLC background in Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, Allen Bradley Guard Logix, APT, Siemens S7, Elau, Pilz Safety PLCs and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA, FactoryTalk View HMI software.
• Additional knowledge of Servo Motion Control, printer systems, vision systems, robotics, BCR, data analytics and RFID systems would be beneficial
• Accustomed to working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control.
• Good organizational, planning and prioritisation skills; good oral and written communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***