Senior Civil Engineer
- Full Time
PE Global Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for an Experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join our client, a Governement Power Generation Entity based in Newbridge, Co.Kildare. This role is permanent and offering a competitive salary and benefits.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Support the Projects Manager in the delivery of professional project and civil/structural engineering services to the Powergen Development Business Unit to meet its specified requirements. Ensure that projects are appropriately planned, designed, delivered on time, within budget and in accordance with specifications and meeting regulatory and Health & Safety standards;
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders at the various stages of project development to achieve project goals. Lead the provision of engineering input into site selection and planning permission applications for projects including site access and transportation, site drainage, geotechnical suitability, site infrastructure design and component delivery route assessments. Lead the scrutiny of planning documentation from a civil engineering and construction perspective. Participate in public information and consultation processes and other development activities. Take lead and manage relevant aspects of the projects;
- Support the development of projects through procurement, financing and construction and commissioning phases to full operation through the provision of civil/structural engineering and construction expertise to project delivery teams. Develop and manage engineering project budgets and schedules. Manage the preparation of preliminary Health & Safety plans, tender and contract documentation including specifications, bills of quantities, drawings, etc. Complete tender assessments, participate in contract negotiations and in contractor selection. Propose and evaluate value engineering proposals. Ensure any engineering and other risks are properly assessed and appropriately mitigated in the project solutions proposed and implemented;
- Lead the supervision and management of contractors and other engineering service providers. Ensure that works are carried out in accordance with contract documents. Ensure compliance with Health & Safety and Construction Regulations and Construction Quality Assurance. Ensure appropriate site processes and controls are in place for proper coordination, monitoring and recording of all work and report on project progress, key issues and risks at required intervals. Monitor the project programme to ensure delivery of milestones and works on schedule ensuring remedial actions are taken to recover project overruns to deliver project on schedule. Assess and negotiate interim and final accounts. Lead the management of project or contract variations, ensuring relevant information is recorded and any contract disputes are managed in accordance with appropriate procedures. Lead the preparation of reports including monthly progress reports, minutes, cost reports, specified engineering works, construction quality assurance reports, and validation reports;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health, Safety and Welfare of themselves, fellow employees and members of the public using the premises. Identify, understand and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements as a fundamental element of any construction design or undertaking ensuring safety of employees and members of the public during construction, testing, commissioning and operation;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
- Level 8 Civil Engineering Degree;
- 5+ year experience in a similar role;
- Civil engineering design, contract documentation, renewable energy, engineering management;
- Project management capabilities, bog/peat drainage design and implementation;
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and GIS