Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- Full Time
- County Dublin, North Dublin, Ireland
The Senior Ecologist will work within a team of other ecologists, planners and environmental specialists in the multi-disciplinary Planning and Environmental Team. The role will involve working across all stages of the project lifecycle from initial concept and feasibility through to consenting and post consent management and monitoring across the full portfolio of projects
This role presents an excellent opportunity to work in a developer led role with the benefits of being able to collaborate with colleagues and project partners at design and assessment stages, potentially influencing design and incorporating ecological enhancement early in the development process helping to ensure successful delivery of projects to high environmental standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Working as part of this dynamic team, you will always have new challenges and new problems to solve – working together is key. You will have the autonomy to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems with the support of your colleagues.
- Minimum +7 years’ post qualification experience in the highly specialised field of Ecology with a broad range of ecological experience on large-scale projects
- In depth knowledge and experience of Ecological Impact Assessment, Appropriate Assessment and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), along with other environmental reporting requirements
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to critically review output from sub-consultants
- A sound understanding of ecological and environmental regulatory requirements in Irish and European legislation relating to consenting of major generation and infrastructure projects
- Strong stakeholder management skills and proven track record of managing stakeholders
- A track record in assessing, communicating and managing project critical technical risks
- Proven record of being results driven, commercially focused and customer oriented.
- Experience in managing sub-consultants and contractor teams in the undertaking of baseline surveys, monitoring and in the preparation of ecological and environmental reports.
- The demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple project priorities.
- Full Driving Licence and access to a car
- Proficient IT skills
- Experience of ecological regulatory requirements in the UK.
- Specialist experience in botany, ornithology and/or freshwater and marine ecology
- Experience of wider biodiversity and sustainability issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of ecosystem services.
- River management
- GIS and CAD experience
- Level 8 Degree in Ecology or a related biological/environmental science subject with an ecological component
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or similar professional body
- Level 9 Science Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Project Management qualification
**Full job description available upon application