Senior Finance Manager
The successful candidate will be working within a specialist controllership function overseeing the ACE region (approx. 27 entities). The role reports to the Director in the Cork Controllership team and manages key aspects of the monthly and quarterly reporting of the International Commercial operations to the Corporate Head office in Foster City, California as well as a range of other related controllership activities mainly related to the ACE region.
Job duties include:
- Controllership oversight of several entities within the ACE region providing guidance and support on US GAAP accounting queries particularly with respect to revenue recognition and related gross to net accounting.
- Attending month-end flux review calls, seeking clarification from Country Finance teams on any unexpected variances or unusual accounting treatments; ensuring open issues are addressed.
- Preparing and reviewing key slides for the ACE close deck submitted to Corporate and working with FP&A to ensure consistent and accurate reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Preparing and reviewing various SEC and other management reports each quarter.
- Reviewing new contracts to identify potential revenue recognition impacts.
- Preparing working capital reporting submitted to Treasury on a quarterly basis.
- Conducts specific country balance sheet reviews and follows up on action items of Country Finance and FSS teams.
- Works on ad hoc projects to enhance policy, strengthen controls and build efficient processes for reporting.
- Shares best practice across ACE Controllership and identifies areas of continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Significant and relevant experience
- Big 4 trained
- ACA or equivalent qualification
- BA or BSc degree (or international equivalent) in accounting or equivalent
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus
- Experience with/in multi-national organization
- In-depth working knowledge of general accounting policies and procedures and US GAAP required
- Knowledge of Oracle or equivalent ERP system preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) required
- Ability to successfully manage the work of financial personnel and interact effectively with non-financial personnel
- Strong presentation and communication skills are required
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven and multi-tasking environment
- Self-starter with excellent level of accountability
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***
Please click the link below to apply or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to Howie at firstname.lastname@example.org