Engineering & Electronics
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Peterlee, County Durham, UK
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer on behalf of our client based in Peterlee, UK. This is an initial 12-month contract role.
The Manufacturing Engineering team are responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommending and implementing improvements to production processes, and coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. The team utilises the latest design systems and techniques including 3D virtual vitalisation and Production Validation centres.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will have the opportunity to provide the technical expertise necessary to design, develop, and implement manufacturing systems, complex manufacturing operations and sophisticated machines. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, whilst broadening your professional network.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
– Developing, analysing and managing Manufacturing / Fabrication / Paint / Assembly Projects.
– Assisting in developing department capital and expense budgets as well as maintaining the department capital forecast. – Administering the New Product Introduction (NPI) process to ensure that Engineering drawings are released and processed on time for NPI build.
– Leading, developing and supporting timely Design for Manufacture Best Practices, Operation Excellence Process Validation Best Practices and Lean Operation Excellence and Manufacturing Best Practices.
– Engaging in creative problem solving to address operational issues including: ergonomic / safety, efficiency improvements, process bottlenecks, quality concerns.
– Working with internal and external suppliers to develop and manage projects to ensure efficient and cost- effective systems and processes to produce quality products.
– Providing the application, procurement, processing, installation and capability of new fabrication, material handling, test, heat treat, welding, painting and / or chemical processes and equipment.
– Designing, developing and implementing the integration of manufacturing systems including factory control software, scheduling techniques, simulation and systems application.
– Coordinating, planning, monitoring and reporting the activities associated with the flow analysis, design, financial modelling and implementation of complex manufacturing group technology cells in an assigned area.
– Coordinating the purchase and application of machine tools, controls and related equipment corporate wide to ensure the latest technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations.
– Supporting designing complex or intricate jigs and fixtures.
Qualifications – Internal
- The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
– Internal candidates must have satisfactorily completed a minimum of one years’ service in their current position to apply for another role, or have obtained, in writing, authorisation from their manager to waive this requirement.
– Internal candidates should always inform their manager prior to applying for any new role.
– Internal candidates must not have any live disciplinary or be on a performance action plan
– University or technical degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline (or equivalent)
– Previous job relevant experience
– Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
– Excellent communication both written and verbal
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
– University technical master’s degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline
– Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
– Able to build strong relationships and collaborate with various stakeholders.
– Lean manufacturing training and qualifications
– CE / PUWER Qualifications
– Safety / Ergonomic Qualifications
– Safety NEBOSH / IOSH Qualification and/or be able to demonstrate through previous experience, a positive attitude and commitment towards Safety
– Leadership Experience and Qualifications
– APQP / PPAP Experience and Qualifications
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Paul Wheatley on 083 094 0199 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***