Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Senior QC Bioassay
- Dublin South
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Senior QC Bioassay Specialist on behalf of our client based in Dublin. This is an initial 12 month contract role.
This role will be responsible for leading, coordinating, facilitating, and undertaking activities pertaining to lab operations and compliance, without direct supervision, acting as a role model for other lab colleagues. The role undertakes providing technical expertise with a focus on method transfers, continuous improvement and implementing a lean culture and Right First Time (RFT). The role also represents the QC unit by liaising with internal and external customers.
- Expert in a wide variety of analytical techniques including but not limited to Bioassays, Immunoassays, Cell Culture and Aseptic Technique. Experience with liquid-handling robots is also preferable.
- Plan and perform multiple, complex routine/ non-routine methods and procedures and a large variety of assays.
- Responsible for providing technical guidance and applying expertise and critical thinking to independently resolve technical issues.
- Lead training of staff on technical aspects of job as required.
- Develop, revise and implement procedures that comply with appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Experience of managing project groups and leading high performing teams and delivering results
- Qualification of analytical equipment and related testing functions.
- Co-ordinates & plans activities related to the successful method transfers and optimisation of Bioanalytical Methods into the site.
- Compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and Registered specifications.
- Ensure the laboratory is operated in a safe manner
- Develop and maintain quality systems within the QC laboratories to ensure ongoing compliance to cGLP and cGMP.
- Ensure timely completion of Laboratory Investigation Reports and deviations through the Non-Conformance procedures.
- Keeps abreast of current Corporate and industry requirements and compliance trends as they pertain to laboratory operations and aseptic manufacturing.
- Approval of SOP’s, trend data, investigations, non-conformances, validation protocols, reports, method validation/verifications and equipment qualifications.
- Participate in regulatory agency inspections as required.
- Plan and implement procedures and systems to maximise operating efficiency.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge or the equivalent.
Experience and Experience:
- Hold a third level qualification (Degree) in Biology, Biotechnology or related discipline.
- Have 5-7 years of experience in a pharmaceutical/healthcare Laboratory.
- Proven experience of leading teams.
- Strong background in Bioassays, Immunoassays and Cell Culture is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with TrackWise, Change Control Systems, EDMQ and SAP an advantage
- Knowledge of applicable Regulatory requirements
- Experience with Regulatory inspections and interacting with inspectors
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Kellie on 0214297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***