Senior Software Engineer – C
- Full Time
- Cork City
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer – C, Unix on behalf of our cloud data service client in Cork City. This is a permanent role with the option to be worked fully remotely. This is an award-winning innovative company constantly evolving their market-leading technology platform developed 100% in-house and used by some of the world largest organisations across multiple sectors and 100+ countries.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work as part of a team that’s responsible for delivering high-quality embedded software and firmware for a wide range of storage systems and flash-based performance enhancement modules. Whether you’re supporting the latest processors, memory technologies, and protocols, or developing new system management capabilities on industry-leading baseboard controllers, your work will be at the heart of cutting-edge products.
- You will participate in all phases of the product development cycle, and your responsibilities will include:
o Analyzing and communicating software/firmware requirements
o Creating architectures and designs
o Integration and testing
o Performance analysis
o Early customer support and sustaining activities
- As part of a team, you will lead and participate in technical discussions where evaluating and executing design and development plans for products are reviewed.
- You will have direct influence on the decisions and outcomes related to project direction.
- You must have a willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- A strong understanding of basic to complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structures, and programming practices.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to develop long-range project plans and schedules.
- Extensive knowledge of C programming.
- Experience in embedded software and firmware design and development.
- Proficient development experience with an open-source UNIX OS (FreeBSD, Linux).
- Experience with hardware designs and expertise in developing low-level software drivers and modules.
- Familiarity with x86-based architectures, memory technologies (NVRAM, flash, etc.), and network cards preferred.
- Experience with SATA, SAS, PCIe, and NVMe preferred.
- Experience with IPMI, Redfish, Swordfish, Platform Environmental monitoring, and interfaces such as RS-232, I2C, SPI, CAN, USB, and Ethernet preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. 4 to 6 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, or a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Paul on 083 094 0199 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***