Doctors , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
Speciality doctor – Adult Psychiatry
- Full Time
- Worcester, Worcestershire, UK
Consultant – Adult Psychiatry
The position is for a Specialty Doctor at the hospital. Collaborating with the Consultant, they’ll provide medical support to various teams and contribute to the development of adult mental health services in the borough.
This role includes activities regulated by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act involving adults. After a conditional offer is made, the following checks will be conducted:
- Ensure the delivery of top-tier clinical services.
- Offer effective leadership to all specialty staff.
- Foster and enhance teaching and research when applicable.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the Health Board’s established procedures and operational policies.
- Carry out clinical practice in alignment with contractual obligations and within the scope of the Division’s and Health Board’s service plans.
- Uphold the integrity of business plans and development strategies devised for the specialty, the Medical Division, or the Health Board.
- Enhanced check, including an adults barred list check.
- Applicants are required to have full registration and a GMC license to practice.
- At least 4 years postgraduate experience, including at least 2 years in a core psychiatry training programme in UK or abroad.
- Able to demonstrate good clinical skills and knowledge in psychiatry with bio-psycho-social perspective
- Able to demonstrate good clinical communication skills showing empathy and sensitivity
- Person-centered and recovery focused
- Postgraduate experience in the relevant specialty
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Able to undertake duties under MHA and MCA.
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Eligible for inclusion in the Specialist Register or within 6 months of gaining CCT
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12(2) MHA OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Experience working in Early Intervention and CAMHS.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
For more information please contact Priyanka@peglobal.co.uk