Engineering & Electronics
Sr R&D Engineer – Galway
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Sr R&D Engineer for a leading multi-national Med Device client based in Galway. This is an initial 10-month contract hybrid position.
- A technical expert, supporting Released Product Engineering across the Global CRDN portfolio including Drug Eluting Stents, POBA Catheters, Guide Catheters, Renal Denervation products & other Coronary complex PCI devices.
- Provide engineering design expertise and technical leadership to cross functional project teams in critically assessing the potential design impact associated with operations & sourcing product changes including manufacturing continuity & cost down initiatives.
- Directly involved in extending the product life in existing markets as well as supporting new geographies and developing markets.
- Directly involved in making sure our products are maintained through the full product lifecycle and that these products comply with evolving global standards.
- Support the introduction/implementation of product/process/materials changes to the manufacturing operation.
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation and understand and operate to departmental and company quality procedures.
- Support department goals and initiatives as part of the R&D Released Product Engineering team.
- Represent compnay externally with their customers and provide technical support on field related activities such as sales team training/education, extending product lifecycles, emerging markets, account support, and complaint investigations.
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Bio- Medical or related discipline with minimum 5+ years relevant experience.
- Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices would be advantageous.
- Experience in biomedical materials, processing knowledge and medical device design procedures.
- Dynamic team player who can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Good communicator and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Seán on +353 21 4297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***