Tech Support Engineer
- Full Time
- Cork City
Technical Support Engineer – Multiple languages – Cork
PE Global are delighted to be partnering with a Fortune 500 hybrid cloud data services and data management company who will be arriving to Cork, Ireland in mid-2022.
Our client offers cloud data services, data storage software, data backup and recovery, all-flash storage, converged systems, data infrastructure management, ONTAP data security, and hybrid flash storage.
Our client will be looking to hire German speaking Technical Support Engineers.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (must be fluent)
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Solid understanding of IT technologies
- Troubleshooting of software products
- Windows file sharing
- Linux file sharing
- Virtualization and Cloud Technologies
Responsibility and Interaction
- The types of tasks this individual is responsible for are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- This individual interacts primarily with Staff to Director level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- General direction is provided on routine work, and detailed direction is provided on new technology to support; as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be an important contributor to the technical support team.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in UNIX, Windows networking administration, Devops, Cloud, Data Warehousing or technical support is required.
Did you know…
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they’re 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
Our client expects a healthy work-life balance. Their volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favourite organizations. They provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. They offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. They also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future plus Sickness cover, 25 days holidays and 4 Global Wellness days.
Work out of one of their global offices in any of 30+ countries for 4 weeks fully covered, if desired
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
**Full job description available upon application
Interested candidates should forward an up-to-date CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 086-456 7430