Engineering & Electronics
Tendor and Secondary Systems Manager
PE Global are looking for a Tender Engineering Manager to support ongoing projects in a reputable Energy company based in Stafford
- The role of Tender Engineering Manager has key objectives to plan, organise and direct the technical activities of the Customer Tender, working in parallel with the Bid Manager, and in close liaison with all Departments of the unit specifically Engineering and Sourcing Departments in order that all technical / engineering activities required to deliver the Tender are on time, to budget and quality.
- In addition to taking part in all design review process, the Tender Engineering Manager shall also manage all the technical interfaces between Client and internal / external Partners during the tendering period.
- They shall also lead the Technical Validation pre submission.
- Team Management: Motivate the allocated team members from unit disciplines to deliver their scope efficiently, accurately and to time. Encourage innovations which will bring about cost savings and increase client benefit.
- Project Planning: Analyse the proposed project programme in order to identify technical risks and opportunities.
- Technical Coordination: Coordinate technical issues between Engineering Departments, identifying and managing technical scope definition and interdependencies. Representing the Unit technically to all external Parties. Undertake technical coordination of all the company’s units involved in the tender. Internally be the technical authority representing the client.
- Tender Documentation and Internal Standards: Analyse, define and communicate all technical tender documentation and internal standards in order to ensure the delivery of the required documents on the project.
- Customer Relations: Be the customer point of contact for technical support when required and foresee market evolutions.
- Engineering degree or equivalent, with significant relevant experience in a similar role within the Electricity Transmission market. Further requirements include Competence in MS office package, good interpersonal skills, proactive behaviour and fluent in English
- Good knowledge and experience of AC and DC auxiliary power systems, building services and HVAC.
- Essential experience
– Substation Design Experience
– Specification writing
– Technical management of tenders