Wireless Network Analyst
- Full Time
- Home Counties
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Wireless Network Analyst for an initial 12-month contract role with a leading multinational engine manufacturer client based in Peterborough.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve WLAN hardware, software, or other network and system problems.
- Maintain and administer WLAN and connectivity of network components.
- Implementing WLAN processes, or WLAN process improvements.
- Testing and user acceptance of WLAN infrastructure components.
- Network WLAN technical problem identification and resolution including WLAN implementation, and off-shift and weekend WLAN and site support functions.
- Wireless LAN support role as part of a larger WLAN and LAN team
- Located in Peterborough, UK
- Remote work is allowed on a limited basis, but candidate must be within driving distance in the event on-site support is required
- Participate in an on-call rotation with team members every 8-9 weeks
- Adherence to Cat Technology controls and security protocols.
- Representing and communicating WLAN changes and incidents in Divisional and Enterprise Change advisory Boards.
- WLAN hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Replace defective WLAN components, when necessary, on/off-shift and during weekends.
- Knowledge of CISCO wireless equipment.
- WLAN implementation and support, knowledge of risk domains, tiered domains, TCP/IP fundamentals, ethernet, QoS, IP subnetting, cabling (copper & fiber), OSPF, VLAN Trunking, VLANs, and switching configuration.
- Knowledge of configuration commands, software, and hardware components related to WLAN.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Experience with Ekahau or similar Wireless Survey Application.
- CCNP desirable.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Veronica on +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org