Health & safety
- Full Time
- Cork, County Cork, Ireland
EHS Advisor required for a permanent role with a leading construction company in Co. Cork, for a large expansion project valued in the region of 150 million.
The successful candidate will be involved in developing, monitoring and implementing the company’s EHS Management system, ensuring that at all time we are compliant with Health and Safety Regulation.
- Implement the company’s Environmental Health and Safety policy, procedures and management systems.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees.
- Ensure the overall compliance with Environmental, Health & Safety statutory provisions & legislation.
- Deliver Health & Safety training programmes such as inductions etc. for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Coordinate the review and development of task specific EHS documentation such as method statements, risk assessments, safe plan of actions, permit to work.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, report findings to site and senior company management.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported, recorded, investigated and lessons learned communicated. Ensuring notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Carry out administrative duties to ensure the maintenance of the EHS Management systems such as maintaining registers, records, monthly reports and reporting presentations to management where required.
- Advise & assist site management in drafting and communicating EHS initiatives and Toolbox Talks.
- Compile relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Hold a relevant third level Qualification in Environmental, Health and Safety
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Must have previous experience working on a large project
- Hold a full, clean Driving license
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong excel skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and exhibit strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management
Please click the link below to apply, call Emma on 083 009 3553 or alternatively send an up to date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland & UK***