Engineering , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Senior Design Assurance Engineer
- Galway, County Galway, Ireland
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Senior Reliability Engineer for our medical device client in Galway. This is an initial 12-month contract, hybrid role.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
· Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs.
· Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability.
· Completes risk analysis studies of new design and processes.
· Very familiar with Risk Management practices on Class III medical devices including Hazard analysis and FMECA’s.
· Compiles and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics; investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes.
· Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
· Analyzes preliminary plans and develops reliability engineering programs to achieve company, customer and governmental agency reliability objectives.
· As necessary, proposes changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability.
· May determine units and/or batches requiring environmental testing, and specifies minimum number of samples to obtain statistically valid data.
· Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty.
· Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results.
· May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower-level professionals.
· The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University).
· Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor.
· Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions.
· Show particular attention to detail during project execution and review.
· Coaches and reviews the work of lower-level specialists; may manage projects / processes.
· May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
· Contributes to the completion of work group objectives, through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
Innovation and Complexity:
· Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of multiple issues, job areas or specialties.
· Makes improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
· Analysis provided is in-depth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements.
Communication and Influence:
· Exchange information of facts, statuses, ideas and issues to achieve objective, and influence decision-making.
Leadership and Talent Management:
· May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area. May manage projects, requiring delegation of work and review of others’ work product.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
· Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· May have practical knowledge of project management.
· Requires a University Degree and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Paul Wheatley on 083 094 0199 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***