AHPs , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
- Full Time
- South Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
PE Global Healthcare is currently recruiting for a number of CORU registered Social Workers for a Healthcare client based in South Dublin.
This is an initial 3-month contract with a view to being made permanent after this period.
The purpose of the post is to provide a social work service that seeks to improve the health and social wellbeing of the service users within the context of the local communities. S/he will achieve this thorough the implementation of an accessible, equitable, person-centred service.
- Provide a direct point of access for the local community and offer initial and holistic social assessment and intervention to children and their families.
- Provide an initial assessment service to the care group and to develop referral procedures with other social work networked services.
- Identify service users’ individual and collective needs in partnership with them and co-create early interventions and/or social action strategies to meet those needs.
- Manage and prioritise a caseload appropriate to the post.
- Provide supportive counselling, emotional and practical support, and information to service users and their families.
- Adopt a holistic approach aimed at enhancing the quality of life, health and social well-being of all persons within the service area.
- Promote independence, self-reliance, self-determination and empowerment with persons in their environment, with families and local groups.
- Make it possible for service users to advocate for their own needs, or where appropriate advocate on behalf of service users.
- Plan, deliver and engage in systemic interventions as appropriate with children, youth and families, groups, organisations and communities.
- Participate and take leadership in community needs assessment and ongoing community involvement including initiating and participating in prevention and health promotion activities.
- Deliver social work service in collaboration with other disciplines / agencies as required, in appropriate settings reflecting the needs of the service user.
- Assess where social conditions are a major factor in health and social wellbeing, consult and plan with the service user/ relevant team/ service and arrange appropriate social services for those who need them.
- Monitor and evaluate outcomes of person-centred care plans for individual service users.
- Actively participate as a member of the relevant team/ service in team building and change management initiatives.
- Attend case conferences, meetings and other relevant fora as required.
- Attend court, tribunals etc as required.
- Work within current legislation, relevant policies and procedures, guidelines and protocols as laid down by the employer.
- Incorporate Social Work values and ethical principles in planning, developing, implementing and reviewing interventions.
- Implement models of best practice / evidence-based practice.
- Work within a key worker / case worker system, providing a co-ordinating role for case management where appropriate.
- Take direction from his / her line manager.
- Take an active role in an appropriate level of planned professional supervision, in accordance with the local/ national Supervision Policy.
- Engage in reflective practice.
- Deputise for the Social Work Team Leader as agreed / appropriate.
- Promote a culture that values diversity and respect in the workplace.
- Keep the Team Leader fully informed and up-to-date on all significant matters.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
- a) Be registered in the Social Work Register maintained by the Social Work Registration Board maintained at CORU or be actively engaging with the process to do so.
- b) Maintain live annual registration on the Social Workers Register maintained by the Social Workers Registration Board at CORU
- c) Must have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and professional ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Michelle Roche on 083 203 3637 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***
For a full list of our current job vacancies please go to: https://www.peglobal.net/