Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland
PE Global is currently recruiting for an Automation Engineer for our pharmaceutical client in Limerick. This is an initial 12-month contract role.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to program, diagnose and troubleshoot Allen Bradley Rockwell PLC and HMI application for automated process equipment.
- Develop and implement software solutions through change control as required while understanding impact of actions to Manufacturing and Facilities equipment.
- Provide guidance and develop engineering design documents, technical evaluations, and test plans for cGMP process equipment and follow GAMP 5 guidelines
- Provides technical and automation operational support to Engineering, Manufacturing, Validation and Facilities departments.
- Provides out of hours 24/7 on call support.
- Support, maintain and diagnose automation hardware.
- Demonstrates knowledge of instrumentation.
- Experience with controls networks and communications systems (Modbus, Ethernet, Profibus etc)
- Independently manages or provides leadership to all phases of automation engineering projects.
- Review current production operations and ensure continual improvement
- Interact with and manage automation contractors.
- Supports project commissioning activities.
- Provides design/approval of hardware, software, and controls for automated equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Primary degree in Science/Engineering discipline.
- Experience working with validated Automation systems in the pharmaceutical
- manufacturing environment.
- Direct experience and in depth knowledge of Allen Bradley Rockwell automation platform.
- Demonstrate leadership with the ability to work on own initiative without direct
- supervision from management and provide mentoring to other members of the automation group when required.
- Team player with an ability to work well across various departments on site as well as business partners.
- Excellent communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Paul Wheatley on 083 094 0199 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***