Nurses , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
Clinical Nurse Manager 2
- Full Time
PE Global Healthcare is currently recruiting for a Clinical Nurse Manager 2 for a Medical Assessment Unit with a leading Healthcare client based in Galway.
This is a permanent full time position with a competative salary and exceptional benefits for the right candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage patient care to ensure the highest professional standards using an evidence based, care planning approach.
- Provide a high level of professional and clinical leadership.
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, delivery and review of service user care by all staff in designated area.
- Provide safe, comprehensive nursing care to service users within the guidelines laid out by NMBI. (Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland).
- Participate in teams / meetings / committees as appropriate, communicating and working in co-operation with other team members.
- Facilitate co-ordination, co-operation and liaison across healthcare teams.
- Collaborate with service users, family, carers and other staff in treatment / care.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care by personal involvement and supervising the activities of other qualified nurses.
- Ensure that the care delivered by team is based on standards, which have been formulated on evidence based practice, and agreed, through hospital policy.
- Regularly evaluate and monitor patient care by using the hospitals quality systems to ensure that care is delivered.
- Develop and promote good relationships with patients, families and carers and make the ward environmentally welcoming and homely.
- Work as an effective member of the multidisciplinary team promoting good teamwork and excellent patient care.
- Evaluate and further develop the philosophy, objectives and goals of the department.
- To ensure that all staff are familiar with the use and care of all equipment, and that such equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- To ensure strict confidentiality of information regarding patients/residents is adhered to.
- Provide the necessary supervision, co-ordination and deployment of nursing and support staff to ensure the optimum delivery of care in the designated area through allocating work fairly and competently.
- Manage communication at ward and departmental level and facilitate team building.
- Provide staff leadership and motivation which is conducive to good working relations and work performance.
- Manage all resources efficiently and effectively.
- Lead on practice development within the clinical area.
- Lead and implement change.
- Promote, facilitate and participate in the development of nursing policies and procedures. Monitor as appropriate and lead on proactive improvement.
- Contribute to the formulation, development and implementation of policies and procedures at area and hospital level.
- Actively participate in the Nursing Management structure by supporting the Assistant Director of Clinical Services, Theatres and deputising in his / her absence when required to do so.
- Maintain all necessary clinical and administrative records and reporting arrangements.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5 years post registration experience
- Suitable management experience and /or qualification
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, accountability and communication skills
- Desirable clinical and managerial skills with evidence of continuing professional development
- Roster will generally be over 5 days a week however a flexible approach to work patterns is required in line with service
- Competitive and attractive rates of pay and allowances including Annual Location Allowances.
- Pay Increases over 2022 & 2023 in line with new national pay agreements
- Enhanced Family Leave Offering, including full paid Maternity Leave from 1st January 2022
- Reduced Working Hours from 1st July 2022
- 2022 Staff Recognition Payment
- Enhanced Annual Leave from 1st January 2023
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Michelle Roche on +353832033637 or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***
For a full list of our current job vacancies please go to: https://www.peglobal.net/