Doctors , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
- Full Time
- Worcester, Worcestershire, UK
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to fill this new post within the Radiology department. The post is for a Consultant Radiologist with a specialist interest in Genitourinary, Oncology and Non-vascular intervention.
Main duties of the job
You’ll handle diagnostic and interventional work in GU/Oncology and join the Non-vascular Interventional team. You’ll participate in various specialist MDTs, including Renal, Prostate, Penile, Germ cell, Bladder, Melanoma, CUP, and stone MDTs. Your tasks will involve sub-specialist Uro-intervention procedures like nephrostomies, Ureteric stenting, PCNL, and general NVI work such as biopsies and drainages. You’ll also be part of acute CT, Ultrasound, plain film, and Fluoroscopy sessions. Teaching and research interest is desirable. You should have FRCR (or equivalent) and be on the Specialist Register or close to CCT within 6 months at the time of the interview if in a UK training program. Various work arrangements, including full-time, part-time, and job sharing, are considered.
We’re looking for a dedicated individual to join our Genito-Urinary, Oncological, and Non-Vascular Interventional Radiology team at LTHT. This role involves reporting on GU and Oncological CT, MRI, and ultrasound scans, as well as contributing to acute CT services and non-Vascular interventional procedures. You’ll have opportunities for involvement in NVIR procedures based on your interests, and there are chances for research and service improvement within the department.
- Physically fit to perform job responsibilities and respond promptly to emergencies as needed.
- Meets health standards in accordance with GMC guidelines and Good Medical Practice.
- Must possess full GMC Registration with a practicing license.
- Entry on the GMC Specialist Register can be achieved through CCT (proposed CCT date should be within 6 months of the interview), CESR, or compliance with GMC requirements for international applicants.
- MBChB or equivalent qualification.
- Eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of appointment and hold a current license to practice.
- Relevant higher degree.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of clinical experience and competence in Genito-Urinary Radiology, Oncological Radiology and Non-Vascular Interventional Radiology.
- Specifically, must demonstrate higher specialist training in Non-Vascular Interventional Radiology.
- Evidence of continuous career progression consistent with personal circumstances.
For more details please reach us on Priyanka@peglobal.co.uk
Direct Line : +44 204 512 6601