Cloud & Infrastructure , IT
Cloud Platform Support Team Lead
- Full Time
PE Global are seeking to identify candidates for a Cloud Platform Support Team Lead to join one of our key clients embarking on a complex digital transformation multi program initiative across their business as they move to achieve low carbon, sustainable energy goals. smart working / remote working.
Technology plays a leading role in enabling and delivering transition to a digital, low carbon utility, and it’s our people who ensure we succeed. With almost 800 people working across our IT Delivery and CIO functions, together we design, build and support a broad range of technologies and services to deliver on our mission to bring sustainable and competitive energy solutions to all customers. We achieve this by harnessing all our resources, investing in our people and working collaboratively together.
To further enhance our capabilities across a number of areas including Data & Analytics, Digital Delivery, Digital Development, Cybersecurity, Project Management and more, we are looking for talented professionals to start their journey with us to lead the transition to reliable, affordable low-carbon energy – a brighter future for the benefit of all.
This is great opportunity for a well-qualified individual to lead the Cloud Platform Support team in digital delivery function. This role will focus on developing and growing the Cloud strategy. Delivering for our customers. You will be responsible for a team of Cloud engineers with a driven can-do attitude exploring new ways of working and continually challenging the team to deliver value. The role will suit an ambitious professional who has a real interest and a true passion for learning and driving Cloud initiatives and sharing this expertise across the group. It is an opportunity for someone who has great ideas and vision.
Responsibilities will cover the items below:
- Development of the team members including annual reviews, personal and performance management & development, clear goal setting and monitoring, mentoring, and coaching
- Work management, including prioritisation of all internal and external demands and work requests
- Budgeting, financial planning, monitoring and reporting for all aspects of the Cloud support function
- Maintenance and development of IT Policies, Procedures, Standards as related to Cloud and Azure
- Working with other IT teams and the wider business to ensure quality end-to-end service to our customers
- Continuous improvement to all aspects of Cloud service area as well as delivering cost efficiencies
- Vendor Management of service providers and strategic partners for the area
- Risk Management of any IT changes impacting services
- Resource planning to meet ongoing demands
- Monitoring and reporting on the team’s performance and key indicators
- Responsible for regular engagement and communication with all team members as well as wider network of stakeholders
- Part of Technical Approval process for Cloud purchases
Desirable – Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High level understanding of IT infrastructure
- Previous experience of leading a team or project
- Proven ability to deliver a project or a schedule of tasks on time and within budget
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Familiar with the general health and safety requirements in Ireland
- Planning and budgeting experience
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Desirable – Microsoft Azure certification, Strong understanding of Azure DevOps, Drive automation and self-service processes, Excellent understanding of Azure and the services delivered in it
- Either 3rd Level qualification or equivalent work experience is essential.
- Excellent career enhancing opportunities where our people can thrive in a fast paced, agile environment by giving them the tools, flexibility and autonomy to deliver on our purpose: leading the transition to a secure, affordable, low-carbon energy future for our customers and communities.
- An attractive salary in line with your current level of experience
- Lots of project variety
- Ongoing professional development and training
- flexibility in ways of working – combining digital tools with a culture of trust and empowerment to enable flexible and remote ways of working.