Data Centre – Site Manager
- Full Time
Site Manager – Project Execution – Ireland
PE Global are seeking to identify a Site Manager for one of our key clients, a technology leader providing a range of services with to global customers to lead all on-site activities of a project to assure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements during the start-up, construction and/or erection, commissioning, maintenance phases.
A pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. Harnessing solutions to service customers within the Data Centres, Renewable Energy, Technology, Energy, Utilities, Transport, Infrastructure, Transformers, Semiconductors, e-Mobility, Smart Cities, Industrial, and Power space. Particularly strong portfolio of products and services together with a highly professional and supportive wider team. With circa 40,000 plus employees in 100+countries, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres.
- Committed to solving some of the biggest global challenges of our time. We focus on safety, integrity, and quality, which is the basis on which we operate.
- Powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter, and greener grid.
- Serving a variety of markets such as Data Centres, Energy, Mobility, Industries and Cities, providing a diverse portfolio of products, systems, services and solutions.
- Playing a key role to transfer the power of the world’s largest wind farms, bring energy to mass transportation systems, and protect the worlds largest cities from blackouts, increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, helping to power homes, keep the factories running, and hospitals and schools open
- Providing a diverse portfolio of products, systems, services and solutions uniting deep domain knowledge and innovative technologies that enable customers across the globe to optimise the critical systems that power, move and connect us.
lead all on-site activities of a project to assure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements during the start-up, construction and/or erection, commissioning, maintenance phases.
- Site planning: Plans project on-site activities with Project Manager including necessary local resources, equipment and milestones. Coordinates agreement between customer and external resources on construction targets, health and safety requirements, site organization and policy.
- Site coordination and monitoring: Responsible, from receiving the assigned site area from the customer or Project Manager to handing over to the end customer on completion day, for coordinating all on-site activities to ensure the successful execution of start-up, construction, erection, testing and commissioning activities in alignment with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements.
- Stakeholder relations: Serves as a project representative by building and maintaining effective relationships with customers as well as other local organizations such as authorities, banks, and suppliers to ensure their active support of field activities.
- Health, safety and environment (HSE) and project security: Ensures detailed and up-to-date construction Health & Safety (H&S) plan is in place in respect of each work package, compliant with the H&S plan. Ensures all on-site resources are properly trained on company health, safety and environment policy and proactively promotes health and safety considerations to project partners throughout the project. Empowered to suspend any activities on site (be it by personnel or by subcontractors) in case of OHS violation and, if a situation arises, takes the necessary steps to ensure that employees and other persons who may be present are not put at risk.
- Material handling: Ensures correct handling, storage and installation of delivered equipment, coordinating on-site storage as well as shipment logistics to secure timely site delivery of equipment and material.
- Sub-contractors: Manages the sub-contractors on site hired to ensure necessary quality and progress achieved to meet delivery date and agreed standards.
We look for a combination of some of the following – Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Microsoft Project / Primavera Skills basic level
- Previous Experience in Supervisory / Foreman / Chargehand Role
- Substation AIS / GIS experience
- Excellent communicator and management of customer relations.
- Able to demonstrate negotiation skills in interaction with internal and external customers.
- Understanding of project contracts, consortiums agreements and Incoterms 2010.
- Ability to assess, propose and implement solutions for rapid recovery of troubled or challenged projects.
- Self-motivated with a high level of creativity.
- Electrical Engineering, Electrician or Technological related equivalent qualification
- Uplift on current salary and annual bonus
- Company Vehicle/Jeep allowance
- Permanent contract working 36.5 hours per week
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Flexible working options
- Opportunity to help steer and share the next phase of growth within a supportive and ambitious company, strongly positioned to take advantage of market demand within this arena