Devops Engineer (AWS)
- Full Time
DevOps Engineer – (Remote)
PE Global is seeking to identify talented DevOps Engineer to join one of our key clients – to help build a high-volume platform and applications, linking millions of users to create technological driven solutions for the safe transportation of critical goods, foods, perishables, medicines, pharmaceutical products worldwide utilising emerging technology, innovation, IOT and Big Data.
The role sits in our clients connected solutions mobile team, empowered to help define the future of transport solutions, constantly evolving and embracing new technologies, best practices and new trends to ensure they are positioned to adapt quickly to global market demand and client needs. The company utilises IOT, Big Data to drive innovation throughout their product range across firmware, server, database, front end development and mobile apps solutions promoting collaboration between different agile development teams working remotely and when possible remote/onsite hybrid.
The Dev. Ops. Engineer will provide support, knowledge and expertise around our CI/CD pipelines which underpin the activities of our software teams. This role will be tightly integrated with the IT Security, Cloud Support and Software Development teams ensuring that the objectives of each group align and that they can be delivered efficiently. In addition, will work closely with Standards and Compliance to ensure local policies and processes are followed.
Duties and responsibilities of the role may include:
- Form part of the DevSecOps core team in Connected Solutions
- Assist in the transition of CI/CD pipeline to AWS
- Improve automation and enhance security of CI/CD pipeline
- Review cloud native and alternative applications to enhance CI/CD pipeline
- Ensure implementation of Secure SDLC policies and industry best practices and provide direction on driving improvement
- Provide platform support to Dev teams and support development activities
- Assist in re-architecting environment and software to take advantage of micro services and container technologies.
- Review and analyze security status of developed software by reviewing security scans
- Constantly strive to improve DevOps environment through research and innovation
Skills across some of the following is desirable:
- Must have excellent diagnostic skills
- Must have experience with Linux OS, MacOS and Windows operating systems
- Be able to work as part of a multi-discipline team to achieve common outcomes.
- Display leadership, planning and co-ordination skills
- Must have experience working in Developers, DevOps and Software Engineering teams
- Must have experience with DevOps tools such as Nexus, Jenkins, BitBucket, Fisheye/Crucible and JIRA
- Experience with AWS including native CI/CD tools and monitoring utilities.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes an advantage
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible also an advantage
- Familiarity with audit processes and standards such as GDPR, GAMP, ISO 9001, NIST and ISO 27001 an advantage