Engineering & Electronics
Field Service Technician
PE Global are looking for a Field Service Technician to join a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough. This is a 12 Month + contract hybrid schedule providing service engineering and help desk support either remote or onsite.
50% UK travel to other facilities to help service engines.
As a Field Service Technician you will be part of an Industrial Power Systems Division (EAME) Service & Customer Support team, who have responsibility for supporting all engine products, 0.5-18 Litre, in region.
This is a customer facing product support role, where you will be assisting with the identification, diagnosis, communication and resolution of engine quality and performance related issues negatively impacting sales, customer satisfaction, warranty exposure or brand reputation.
The role requires you to build strong customer relationships, both internally and externally, to promote and present a professional image and offer service solutions through World Class customer service
You will work collaboratively with service engineers, helpdesk analysts, dealers, design engineers and product support representatives to investigate and resolve complex product reliability problems and factory quality issues.
Key skills you will exhibit in this role will include data extraction, analysis and interpretation, including the use of telematics, failure analysis, complex troubleshooting and problem solving, process management and application/systems knowledge.
Through demonstrated capability, you will be able to communicate technical information, verbally and written, including detailed technical reports, in a clear, concise and accurate manner with both internal and external customers
- Attend customer manufacturing facilities to inspect and rectify identified component quality issues to assist factory teams with as-delivered quality deliverables.
- Plan and conduct field visits on identified machines, assisting dealers and OEM’s with complex fault diagnosis and rectification, minimising machine downtime and customer pain. Carry out repairs to the highest standard, providing a “First Time Fix” to the customer.
- Conduct assigned activities on NPI field follow programs as applicable
- Provide dealer training and assessment based on field engineering expertise in conjunction with ongoing product support initiatives
- Support helpdesk analysts with resolution of field queries raised through the technical helpdesk
- Perform advanced failure analysis, either independently or in conjunction with dealer personnel as required
- Conduct all work practices in line with company health and safety policies
- Current on or off-highway diesel engine operational and diagnostic knowledge, including aftertreatment, electrical and control systems, ideally gained through recognised apprenticeship and /or degree level qualification.
- Ability to work under pressure, performing multiple assignments, whilst focusing on meeting the needs of the customer
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and prioritisation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a wider team
- Strong data analysis and interpretation capabilities
- Proven analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Willingness and ability to travel (within EAME region) at short notice. Circa 50% travel expected.
- Customer facing experience
- Telematics system configuration, operation and data extraction experience
- Delivery of engine troubleshooting and fault diagnosis training
- Previous experience of engine development, system and/or machine-based application or design.
- Engine Calibration tool experience, such as Vector CanApe or similar
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***