Food , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- Full Time
- Naas, County Kildare, Ireland
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Lab Scientist for a leading laboratory based in Naas.
There are permanent and fixed term contracts.
The Laboratory Scientist will be part of the Laboratory Operations Team, focusing on supporting testing such as DNA isolation, Biobanking, Genotyping and Real-time PCR technologies and platforms. The position will support all aspects of laboratory operations and will collaborate with cross functional teams (internal and external) to generate the highest quality genotype data and ensure that all activities are conducted to the highest standard. This position will report directly to the Technical Lead.
To support all activities related to DNA isolation, biobanking, genotyping and real- time PCR platforms and any other test activity maintained by the lab.
– To perform routine and specialist analytical testing on a range of biological samples.
– To analyze data and interpret results.
– To assist the sample receipt team with the accessioning of samples if required
– To process samples and complete test methods in the necessary timeframe to ensure that required turnaround times for reporting results are achieved.
– To independently identify and report non-confirming work to the line supervisor and support the necessary RCA and close out of incidents/CAPAS when required.
– To support and assist in the validation of all new tests methods.
– To assist in the maintenance of lab equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies.
– To accurately record data, write reports and share results.
– To carry out tasks accurately and according to Standard Operating Procedures in order to produce reliable data and results and report any deviations to a senior member of staff immediately.
– To support the lab’s quality management system by ensuring that working practice is in line with ISO17025 standards and/or other relevant accreditations.
– To ensure samples are stored and handled correctly.
– To ensure training records are up to date and singed off in line with WGQ28 before preforming any procedure independently.
– To correctly and safely dispose of chemical residue and other waste material.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Niamh on +353 21 4520313 or alternatively send an up to date CV to Niamh.firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***