- Wimborne, Dorset, UK
PE Global is currently recruiting a Materials Planner for a 9-month contract role with a leading manufacturing client based in Wimborne.
- The material planner ensures the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans. Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborates with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production.
- The material planner actively collaborates with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues. This work may require planning for alternate manufacturing methods. This position analyses established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate piece parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders.
- The material planner manages and performs supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components.
- The material planner supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics. Incumbent performs work to improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Provides Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning.
- College or university degree, or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Industrial Engineering is required
- General knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
- Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP, Lognet and MTS systems
- Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics desired”
- It is a face-pace environment therefore, the material planner needs to have strong time management and problem-solving skills
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Alba on +44 751 790 8064 or alternatively send an up to date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***