Senior BI Developer
- Full Time
- Greater London
PE Global are seeking to engage a Talented Senior BI Developer to join one of our key clients, an exciting well-funded software house progressing out of the start-up phase, who are keen to identify and attract talented developers from the international market.
The company believes that by combining a flexible working environment with a culture of continuous learning, solving interesting problems, they can drive better results. By joining the team, you can expect to work on innovative technology used by millions of people on an international scale.
Here’s what you can expect!
- Fully remote placement with flexible hours.
- Small, tight-knit teams who care about your growth.
- Diverse team members from around the world.
- Paid career development aid, including study leave, books, courses, conferences, subscriptions, and more.
- Fast-paced projects centered on leading technologies at scale.
About the company:
An international software development company serving clients worldwide. By working on projects of every scale, fostering long-lasting client relationships, and accelerating their team members to reach their full potential, building next-generation products. The company takes great pride in empowering developers to create innovative software solutions for forward-leaning businesses
No two days are the same. As a key BI Developer, you will be dealing with the multiple and varied aspects of BI solutions. The role ranges from requirements gathering workshops, to architecture sessions, to writing data processing scripts and reports design. In any case, if one thing can be guaranteed, it is that you will be working in an extremely rewarding job – providing clients with key insights to improve their business, which is a sure way to turn any client, into a happy client.
About the team:
- This team collaborate on a diverse blend of projects and services across a wide variety of their software requirements offering – bespoke solutions development, customization and integration, customer engagement, development outsourcing and consultancy on a wide range of platforms and technologies.
- Client portfolio includes: startups with a valuation ranging from less than 1M to others exceeding the 100M mark, tech companies with 100+ employees and product companies with 200K+ concurrent users across many domains Fintech, MedTech, SciTech, healthech, PharmaTech, Gaming, Adtech, Proptech, Cleantech, AI…and across Europe and other continents.
- Currently, approx. 50 in the team from all over globe working on an interesting blended variety of projects/products across multiple industries. Great reputation in the market and relish the opportunity to assist tech companies and IT departments of large brands with their software requirements through their main service offering which targets software projects that require a long-term development effort and also offer solutions for one-time projects that have clear timelines and deliverables including integrations, development of bespoke applications, Proof of Concepts and MVPs.
Some of the responsibilities for the role and some of skills/experience the team looks for include: (they are realistic and don’t expect developers to have everything)
- Working on development tasks from a backlog in VSTS (Azure DevOps).
- Writing reusable and reliable solutions.
- Identifying bugs while troubleshooting and testing applications.
- Assisting other team members and collaborating on projects.
- Sharing knowledge to improve internal processes and skillsets.
- Providing meaningful input during retrospective meetings.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification or experience.
- At least 4 years of experience with Business Intelligence solutions.
- Having worked with Power BI or similar BI reporting tools and technologies.
- Background in data warehouse design.
- In-depth understanding of database paradigms (SQL).
- Industry experience in C# or other programming languages.
- Good understanding of quality assurance practices.
- Having worked with the Azure stack, including Azure SQL, Data Factory, Storage Accounts, Azure Functions and Event Hub is considered an asset.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and problem-solving.
- Familiarity with GIT, VSTS or JIRA considered an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Salary / Benefits
- Fully remote position or full paid and fully supported relocation to HQ country if desired.
- Salary will align to the appointed persons level of experience and the company will aim to offer an increase on your current salary plus benefits on top.
- 28 days of vacation leave, balancing rest and productivity for optimal output.
- Paid training and courses such as study leave to acquire invaluable skillsets for enhanced proficiency.
- Additional pay or vacation days for any extra time that you may have spent working.
- Complimentary hardware for your remote office, custom-tailored to your preferences.
They have built a great working environment & culture across:
- Work/life balance
- Focus on outcome/output over hours
- flex/work remote options.
- Variety of projects, challenges and learning in an international team.
- Promote and support team members personal development with a premium budget for each team member.
- Open innovative idea sharing environment