Senior Python Developer
- Greater London
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Senior Python Developer for an initial 5-month contract role with a leading multinational IT Global Consultancy company based in Sunbury – Hybrid role
Our client are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the DevOps squad. The individual must be able to work closely with other squad members to provide on-going platform maintenance and support, as well as have a broad technical knowledge to progress the varied development backlog. They should be a self-starter, with interests in technology and problem-solving.
They should also have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build a rapport with an internal team and 3rd party vendors across disciplines and geographies.
- Carry out development and operational support of the platform
- Perform software upgrades to keep the tech stack current and integrate other bp applications into the platform
- Make and implement technical recommendations for their new features
- Support the pipelines and automation scripts used to test and deploy changes
- 5+ years software development experience (ideally Python)
- Fully competent on Linux, good understanding of kernels, memory, processes and the file system
- Good experience with Docker and CI/CD pipelines
- Comfortable with git and bash
- Experience using Jupyter, Azure and/or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Scrum Agile methodology
- Good unit testing background
- Good communication skills, customer facing role, Excellent Stakeholder Management
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***