Senior UI Software Engineer (remote)
- Full Time
Senior UI Software Engineer
Multiple locations & Remote Options
PE Global are seeking to identify Senior UI Software Engineer to join one of our highly sophisticated specialist fintech clients and work across the technical/creative spectrum with the opportunity to shape the role accordingly.
This is an award-winning innovative company constantly evolving their market-leading technology platform developed 100% in-house and used by some of the world largest organisations across multiple sectors and 100+ countries to solve a niche but complex problem. With multiple offices and development hubs globally, there are a number of remote and site-based options available to join this elite development team:
This world class multinational software development team take on varied projects and work in a fast paced, agile/scrum environment, producing high quality web applications for clients across multiple countries and languages using the latest technologies and with an aim to keep all team members up-to-date with new technology releases.
Each developer works on their own initiative to produce robust, high quality code under the guidance within the team or providing the guidance to the team depending on level. And as you would expect, develop new features within the application, fix bugs, ensure QA process and documentation is on point.
Each member of the team is encouraged to contribute creatively to solve interesting and complex problems and all ideas are welcomed, considered and acknowledged.
Senior Engineers will be required to lead and influence team members to produce high quality code and best in class software.
The team needs a talented Senior UI Software Engineer to play a key role in supporting the development and delivery on a range of key strategic products and would ideally like to identify a candidate with:
- A broad product background, with demonstrable product development experience in business platforms and ideally some experience of championing user-centred design (UCD) as part of the UI Development team, supporting other Development Teams.
- Ideally be from a technical background (with a strong understanding of the principles of software architecture and UI framework development and use) but also have capable design and creative skills in an enterprise context.
- With excellent communication, stakeholder management and possibly even customer facing experience and a genuine passion for quality / professional delivery, you will be looking for a new challenge with a company that genuinely recognises and rewards its star performers.
The wish list:
Seeking a good combination of skills and experience across some of the following, not necessarily all of the following:
- Notable aligned development experience.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Experience with single page applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Angular 2 or higher, Typescript.
- Substantial experience using styling related tools/frameworks, including SCSS/SASS/LESS.
- Experience with automated testing with Karma and Jasmine or similar.
- Demonstrable experience and comfort working in an Agile environment.
- Detailed understanding of cross-browser and cross-device issues, including limited support for legacy browsers.
- Track record in providing combined technical/design skills within a multi-skilled product development team.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Interest in and willingness to present well-formed arguments in support/rejection of new techniques, tools and technologies in response to industry developments.
- Experience with Visual Studio Code and source control (e.g. GIT).
- Experience with RESTful API’s, including Web API and Swagger (OpenAPI)
Any of the following would be great to have:
- Experience with UI Design / UX
- Experience with JQuery
- Experience integrating with OAuth2
- Awareness of accessibility standards (WAI-ARIA, screen readers etc) and the importance of accessibility in products.
- Experience sourcing and managing related UI assets (including icons, images, fonts, etc).
- Experience with user testing, workshops, and other ‘UX design’ related skills.
- Some experience using appropriate UX techniques (workshops, interviews, ethnographic studies etc) to develop an understanding of problems and identify solutions.
- C# (.NET 3.5/4) ASP.NET MVC 3/4/5, TSQL / SQL Server Knowledge
- Above market salary rates for each location plus bonus, benefits, perks, equity options.
- Opportunities to work remotely And/Or join one of the technical hubs located across Europe.
- Personal development plans, exposure to new technologies, further education, certification support and employee assistance programs.
- Flex working, onsite gyms, active social clubs with multiple events, fully stocked facilities, latest hardware set up, casual dress codes.
- Opportunity to travel or relocate with the company to other locations.
- Where applicable full visa sponsorship and relocation support
- Inclusive open working environment, encouraging and taking on new ideas from the team