Transport, Warehousing & Automotive
PE Global is currently recruiting a Shipping Coordinator for a 6-month contract role with a leading oil & gas client based in Kintore.
- Ensure movement of goods, imports & exports is in compliance with HMRC & the client policy.
- Organise the shipment of import and export orders: obtaining quotes from freight agents, preparing all relevant documentation, liaising with other departments to obtain information as required
- Adhere to shipping compliance procedures & Incoterms regulations
- Complete accurate documentation such as commercial invoices and dangerous goods notes and shipping orders in line with regulations according to the country of destination
- Plan and co-ordinate transportation of items and manage the timely flow of customer orders and with focus on accuracy, efficiency and time management
- Prepare customer invoices for export orders
- Assist in preparation of audits/inspections both internal company and by external bodies.
- Liaising with Sales Department and Warehouse personnel for special order requirements and shipping information
- Complete month end reports for accounts department
- Maintenance of HMRC records, both imports and exports, updating OA filing system / archiving etc.
- Address order flow or shipping delays and quality control issues, such as damaged or improperly packed goods
- Complete daily shipping and receiving logs
- Document and escalate any customer service issues and/or shipping/receiving errors
- HND in a relevant business qualification or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of logistics import & export procedures including customs procedures
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook)
- A strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
- A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
- Working on-site.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Alba on +44 203 966 9800 or alternatively send an up to date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***