Software Engineering , IT
- Full Time
- Dublin City Centre, County Dublin, Ireland
Solutions Architect – Projects
The Solution Architect role is focused on working with multiple customers to technically consult, identify and drive opportunities in targeted cross industry client engagements, helping clients to navigate their technological needs and offering best fit solutions.
As Solution Architect, you will work closely with the sales and operations teams to plan and execute account coverage and subsequently unlock new opportunities.
The role is adept at understanding the needs and process pains of customers to identify opportunities where the team can add long-term value. You will have the exciting opportunity to be responsible for fostering a positive and collaborative experience for prospects to evaluate, engage with and implement our solutions and services.
As Solution Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Architecting, designing, and presenting best in class solutions to clients with the account manager, with a primary focus on cloud solutions
- Proactively reviewing existing clients and liaising with the operational teams on tiered accounts to offer solutions and uncover opportunities.
- Develop a thorough understanding of solutions and relevant business pains and become proficient conducting high-level demos.
- Liaising with the operations team on solution deliverables and act as an escalation for clarifications.
- Liaising with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) on the operations team for additional input on solution architecture and design.
- Liaising with vendors to evaluate new technologies and their potential as viable solutions for customers.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to sales and operations teams for new technologies and solutions which have been successfully evaluated.
- Develop adoption strategies for new technologies evaluated to allow the operations team to upskill and provide support services.
- Delivering pre-sales workshops for new and existing clients:
- Evaluate the business operational challenges and current state impacts
- Demonstrate understanding
- Present findings, with risks and recommendations and anticipated benefits
- Continuous professional development is expected in all areas of the role.
- Managing multiple client engagements (pre-sales/technical account management/solution architecture/consultancy) simultaneously.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in solution architecture/IT consultancy or implementing complex projects within organisations
- knowledge of architectures and interest to learn in the areas of some of the following: Microsoft Azure Services and/or AWS, Cloud Migrations, Security, Virtualisation, Storage, Networking, Backup/Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity
- Relevant up to date industry certification in some of the above or equivalent knowledge.
- Strong technical writing skills and general communication skills
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- While this role does not require you to be office based, you will need to be flexible with regards to onsite customer visits/team occasionally and only if absolutely necessary for particular projects.