Doctors , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
Specialty Doctor – Stroke
- Full Time
- UK, Lancashire, Manchester
Specialty Doctor in Stroke Medicine Applications are invited to apply for the post of Specialty Doctor in Stroke Medicine. The post is a full time, fixed term contract up to 2 years. This is a valuable opportunity to experience working within our hyper-acute rehabilitation stroke services.We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and innovative Stroke Physician to join our dynamic team working on our Primary Stroke Centre
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be expected to participate in the 1:10 General Medical on-call rota. General Medicine/Elderly Medicine/Stroke are fully integrated. The combined departments operate an integrated on-call rota.The duties outlined below are not definitive but cover the main duties of the post & may be changed in accordance with the needs of the service:Provision of a quality Stroke service with the responsibility for the diagnosis & treatment of patients referred to the specialityAttend weekly outpatient TIA clinics, with support from junior medical staffProfessional supervision & management of junior medical staffCarry out teaching, examination & accreditation duties as required and for contributing to postgraduate & continuing medical educationParticipate in national stroke audits including SNAPP.
Qualification, Higher Qualifications & Registration
- MB BS or equivalent
- Membership or Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians
- Full Registration with GMC with a licence to practice
- MD or equivalent
Training and experience
- Wide experience in all aspects of General (Internal) Medicine and Stroke Medicine, including Thrombolysis.
- Experience in other relevant medical specialities
- Completion of courses relevant to Stroke Medicine and Care of the Elderly.
- Ability to develop a subspecialty interest within the field of Stroke Medicine
Administration & Management
- Evidence of participation in management
- Understanding of recent initiatives and changes, including Clinical Governance and Appraisal
- Management course and/or qualifications
- Knowledge of the structure of Health Service
- Thorough understanding of principles of medical audit
- Completion and/or Publication of audit projects
Research & Publications
- Understanding of the role of research
- Experience of clinical research culminating in presentation and publication of original studies, review articles, etc, relevant to speciality
- Ability to lead clinical research project
Personal skills & Personal attributes
- Effective communicator, able to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Leadership qualities
- Familiarity with information technology and general computer skills.
- Ability to work with colleagues in other specialities to develop local services.
- Professional attitude towards work
- Good record of attendance
- Good presentation skills
- Demonstration of initiated projects
- Specific attributes for post
- UK Driving Licence
- Enthusiasm for teaching medical students, nursing staff and other professional groups
- Educational qualification