- Tadworth, Surrey, UK
PE Global is currently recruiting a Tax Manager for a 6-month contract role with a leading FMCG client based in Tadworth (Hybrid role).
- Manage outsourcing partners to coordinate the preparation of statutory tax reports and filings, liaising with senior management, external auditors and the tax authorities as required. Review all returns before submission. (The UK group entails 7 holding companies and 3 trading companies).
- Work with appropriate business and external advisors to complete the Research and Development Expenditure Credit (RDEC) and manage the discussions with HMRC into these claims.
- Maintain transfer pricing documentation for the UK entities in line with HMRC and OCED guidelines. Make recommendations for change management affecting transfer pricing policies as appropriate and support policing of transfer pricing rules.
- Liaise with the Financial Reporting Team and International Tax COE to produce robust tax forecasts, which will enable any future tax issues and opportunities to be identified and potentially mitigated or achieved as appropriate.
- Monitor UK tax legislation developments and communicate within the client. Identify and implement planning opportunities with other members of the International and EMEA Tax teams and external consultants.
- Manage tax queries and audit issues from external auditors and tax authorities, relative to the UK tax filings and tax/VAT accounting.
- Support outsourced partners and Financial Reporting Team on month-end tax close, including managing tax accounting and technical queries from International Tax team.
- Review tax sensitive and accounting records of all entities in the UK, specifically relating to general ledger accounts and other pertinent information of the trading entities. Reconcile as necessary.
- Identify and make recommendations that optimize business and financial processes and improve internal control, SOX compliance and Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) in the tax accounting and reporting area. Ensure key controls are identified and embedded in procedure documents that adequately describe the process and control measures.
- Support the GBS Tax manager and International Tax COE for other UK/Ad-hoc tax matters and liaise with other teams and external consultants as necessary to facilitate work demands when they arise
- Able to hit the ground running with In-house tax experience
- Coporate tax experience is a must
- Working VAT knowledge – UK/International goods/trade issues
- CTA or ATT qualified, or qualified by experience, and technically competent of U.K. tax law/legislation, rules and tax accounting
- Experience of interpreting and clearly articulating complex tax matters
- Influencing senior management
- Experience in US & UK GAAP tax accounting
- SAP general ledger experience preferred
- CCHI experience preferred
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Alba on +44 751 790 8064 or alternatively send an up to date CV email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***