Engineering & Electronics
PE Global is currently recruiting for an Automation Engineer on behalf of our medical device client based in Limerick. This is an initial 12-month contract role, hybrid role.
- Integration and Debug of Machine control systems including servo motion and high-speed device integration.
- Update & Validate PLC and control software as part of the installation of a highly automated production line.
- Develop User, Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Work as part of a team to develop high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Work within a cross functional multidiscipline team environment.
- Participates within project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Fault-find complex automation equipment
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of code to Medical Device standards
- Adopt and promote a strong cultural Credo based code of conduct..
- Ensure effective execution & closure on Quality System documentation.
- Prioritize multiple tasks while working to tight schedules
- Integration and Debug of Machine control software.
- Participate among cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
- Develop, debug, and validate Control System software programs
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify automation software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, plan and execute multiple tasks to tight schedules, to ensure deliverables on time and within budget.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to document own work clearly and precisely
- Strong communication skills and provide technical expertise.
- Monitor and analyse opportunities for the development of new or improved solutions.
- Attention to detail
- Provide training and mentoring to less experience staff.
Skills, Abilities and Education
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science OR equivalent
- 5/6 years’ experience working with automated control systems as part of a machine design team.
- Strong PLC background in Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, Allen Bradley Guard Logix, Schneider, Pilz Safety PLCs and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA, FactoryTalk View HMI software.
- Additional knowledge of Servo Motion Control, printer systems, vision systems, robotics, BCR, Distributed Systems, data analytics, RFID systems would be beneficial
- Accustomed to working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***