Engineering , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- County Galway, Galway, Ireland
PE Global is currently recruiting for an Automation Engineer on behalf of our medical device client based in Galway. This is an initial 12-month contract role, hybrid role.
The Role and Primary Tasks:
- Participates and Leads the use of lean and Continuous Improvement tools in equipment designs and engineering systems.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Ensures Equipment requests are processed in a timely and effective fashion and manage execution of results.
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Manages projects and/or portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Supervises the deliverables of other Engineers.
- Leads and/or Participates on cross-functional Design Reviews.
- Drafts and Review Design and Compliance documentation.
- Ensures best machine control practices are employed in new designs and updates
- Develops New PLC, HMI/SCADA, Database Code or portion of Code from scratch or following existing standards
- Supervises and/or contribute the Electrical and Safety design of new Equipment.
- Leads and/or Participates on Equipment Troubleshooting Activity.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- PLC Software Design
- HMI / SCADA Design
- Equipment Electrical Design
- Equipment Safety Design
- Servo Motion and Robotics
- Industrial Networks
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***