Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology
- Cork, County Cork, Ireland
PE Global is currently recruiting for an Environmental Specialist for a leading biopharmaceutical client based in Cork. This is an initial 11-month contract position.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Environment, Health and Safety Specialist to join the EHS transformational team bringing new medicines to the world.
The Environment, Health and Safety Specialist will be a key member of the site EHS team providing support, guidance and expertise to their assigned area. The successful candidate will work to ensure compliance with Environmental and/or safety requirements.
- Promotes culture of EHS excellence in and provides high-quality EHS leadership to assigned business areas.
- Provides support for site environmental and safety programs. including management of change, incident investigation, EHS standards compliance, and auditing.
- Has knowledge of EHS regulations and their applicability, develops EHS procedures, guidelines and training programs as assigned.
- Provide compliance/technical support and advice on new processes and equipment.
- Assist in the timely response to external and internal stakeholder Environment, Health and Safety requests and recommendations.
- Creates and maintains databases & records containing pertinent Environmental, Health and Safety data and metrics.
- Conducts assessments, tracking and directing follow-up activities to correct any non-conformity.
- Engage in walkdowns and reviews to ensure conformance with Site, Corporate and/or Statutory EHS requirements.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to influence others, have strong knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety programs and be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate is a self-directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Engineering or Science; Health & Safety related technical discipline is an advantage
- 5+ years EHS experience in an operational environment
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***