Engineering & Electronics
- Full Time
- Northern England
PE Global Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Project Planner for our rapidly growing Electrical Instrumentation client based in Middlesbrough. This is a permanent role and it is offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
- Provide planning support to the project team for all project planning related aspects of the project.
- To assist project managers in the coordination of project activities from inception to realisation.
- Creation and maintenance of project schedules in line with processes &
procedures and customer requirements.
- Assist project controls manager in monitoring performance of project i.e. bid vs actual, variation orders etc, identifying and communicating any deviations to the agreed work scope to the project controls manager.
- Monitoring the maintenance of equipment, project personnel and overall delivery schedules.
- Communicating with various departments/customer support units to ensure validity of data & integrity of overall project schedule.
- Ensure project documentation and files are maintained in line with company procedures.
- Establish requested project plans for the execution of work in accordance standards and company WBS structure.
- Planning of work in conjunction with the project team, customer and customer specific requirements.
- Prepare and present detailed planning information (Gantt charts etc) for use by project team.
- Liaise with project team, internal departments and other functional planners to obtain critical planning information required to update and progress project plans.
- Analyse updated plans and highlight any areas of risk or schedule conflict to the project manager, and where necessary elevate to the operations planner. Report slippages against project baseline and advise potential impact on project critical activities.
- Update and issue daily/weekly/monthly any status reports, milestones plans etc as specified by customer requirements or the project manager.
- Assist project manager in ensuring that the project objectives are met on time and to the specified cost and quality.
- Participate in review and preparation of internal service orders.
- To ensure that all work undertaken is performed in accordance with the requirements of the project as outlined by the client
- Creation and maintenance of networks and activities within the project WBS,
- Monitor project ‘scope of work’.
- Identify and report any deviations to the agreed work scopes to the project manager for review and subsequent variation order submission.
- Collate and disseminate data required for monthly reporting.
- Ensuring that all project documentation, files and plans are maintained in line with company procedures and key index filing system.
Recommended Experience & Formal Qualifications:
- Degree level of education preferred or trade back round or relevant project experience gained within the E&I contracting industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Experience in E&I Planning is essential.
- Must have experience of projects ranging from 100k to 600k manhours.
- Commercial and contractual awareness.
- Financial awareness with respect to project activities and their cost impacts.
- Proficient in using project planning software Primavera P3 & P6
- Ability to multi task and prioritise in an effective and efficient manner.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK & Europe
Interested? To apply for this role simply forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Liam on 0035321 4297900