SCWs , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
Social Care Worker
- Full Time
- Letterkenny, County Donegal, Ireland
PE Global Healthcare are currently recruiting for a Social Care Worker for a HSE facility in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal.
This is a contract position with a strong potential for being made permanent.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver a quality service ensuring professional standards are maintained in accordance with professional, national and local requirements.
- Work within current legislation and policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols as laid down by the employer.
- Treat service users and their families with dignity and respect, promoting a culture of unconditional positive regard at all times.
- Contribute to the promotion, creation and maintenance of a welcoming, safe, caring, stable and therapeutic environment.
- Plan, implement and evaluate care plans, placement plans and treatment programmes as part of a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring the written and verbal reporting of general and individual treatment programmes.
- Work constructively and in a positive manner within the team to deliver services which are safe, progressive, individualised and meet the needs of those using the service.
- Recognise service users as expert through experience, promoting their participation in care planning, placement planning, decision-making and service delivery.
- Ensure that the primary care needs of the service user are met e.g., support the service user to ensure high quality well balanced meals are consumed.
- Undertake various aspects of home management including the household budget, upkeep, cleaning, hygiene etc.
- Support the service user in the organisation of personal documents, information and finance.
- Participate in meetings in relation to the care and development of the service user.
- Work in partnership with the parent, family, and other agencies on behalf of the service user.
- Promote the rights and responsibilities of each service user within the centre.
- Promote physical, emotional, social, cultural, ethnic and spiritual welfare of each service user in care.
- Encourage attendance at training centres, medical and clinical appointments.
- Accompany clients / residents and drive HSE owned vehicles to accommodate social and community activities.
- Ensure that the care of the service user both on and off site is risk assessed and compliant.
- Supervise service users on outings from the centre.
- Actively participate in crisis management including physical intervention in line with local / national policy and procedure (currently Therapeutic Crisis Intervention).
- Provide verbal and written feedback on the progress of the service user as required.
- Assist with transfer / referral to other services where appropriate.
- Work as a keyworker for the service user as required.
- Remain calm and manage self when faced with volatile and potentially violent situations.
- Ensure that the service users are not subject to any forms of abuse and, in particular, ensure that they are not subject to bullying or the threat of bullying.
- Be available, as appropriate, to relatives or people of significance to service user, to offer information, support and guidance.
- Relevant professional qualification.
- New graduates are welcome to apply.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Michelle Roche on +353832033637 or alternatively send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***
For a full list of our current job vacancies please go to: https://www.peglobal.net/job-sectors/healthcare/