Doctors , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
Specialty Doctor – Stroke Medicine
- Full Time
- South East London, London, UK
We welcome applications for the position of Specialty Doctor in Stroke Medicine. This role offers a full-time, fixed-term contract. It provides a valuable opportunity to gain experience within stroke services.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Stroke Physician to join our dynamic team at the Primary Stroke Centre. This is a great chance to be a part of our team, where you’ll play a vital role in our stroke care services
Main duties of the job
The individual in this role will be expected to take part in the 1:10 General Medical on-call schedule, which includes General Medicine, Elderly Medicine, and Stroke services that are fully integrated. These combined departments follow an integrated on-call rotation.
While the duties mentioned below are not exhaustive, they encompass the primary responsibilities of the position and may be adjusted to align with the service’s evolving needs:
- Ensuring the delivery of a high-quality Stroke service, including diagnosing and treating referred patients in the specialty.
- Regular attendance at weekly outpatient TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack) clinics, with the assistance of junior medical staff.
- Providing professional supervision and management of junior medical staff.
- Engaging in teaching, examination, and accreditation responsibilities as required, while also contributing to postgraduate and ongoing medical education.
- Participation in national stroke audits, including SNAPP (Stroke Network, Audit, and Research in the North West for Stroke Prevention in Patients).
Qualification, Higher Qualifications & Registration
- MBBS or equivalent
- Membership or Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians
- Full Registration with GMC with a license to practice
- MD or equivalent
Training and experience
- Wide experience in all aspects of General (Internal) Medicine and Stroke Medicine, including Thrombolysis.
- Experience in other relevant medical specialties
- Completion of courses relevant to Stroke Medicine.
- Ability to develop a subspecialty interest within the field of Stroke Medicine
- Thorough understanding of principles of medical audit
- Completion and/or Publication of audit projects
Personal skills & Personal attributes
- Effective communicator, able to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Leadership qualities
- Familiarity with information technology and general computer skills.
- Ability to work with colleagues in other specialties to develop local services.
- Professional attitude towards work
- Good record of attendance
- Good presentation skills
- Demonstration of initiated projects
- Specific attributes for post
- UK Driving License
- Enthusiasm for teaching medical students, nursing staff and other professional groups
- Educational qualification
For more details please reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Line : +44 204 512 6601