Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Supply Chain Specialist
- Co-ordination and execution of all activities related to the planning and purchase of raw materials and consumables
- Converting the output of the Master Schedule and Detailed Schedule (MRP) for production needs into material requirements to ensure availability of the right quantity when needed.
- Optimise the flow of materials (order to release) while considering warehouse capacities and inventory targets
- Eliminate potential disruptions in the storage, storage costs and avoid any material or consumable scrap.
- Support the capital project execution and operational readiness activities where required, representing the Material Operations and Global Procurement functions.
- In collaboration with the Operations team, Global Procurement, Quality & Global Compliance; co-ordinate & manage the supplier and materials selection process with supplier agreements and contracts put in place when & where applicable.
- Ensure the new material qualification process is managed and new materials are created and set-up sufficiently on Oracle to ensure accurate and efficient planning and purchasing.
- Execute on the output of the Materials Requirement Plan (MRP) by ensuring efficient and effective procurement & inventory practices and optimizing the balance between quality, service, reliability and cost to ensure that patient / customer requirements are met while maintaining compliance.
- Ensure that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time in order to meet planned requirements.
- Maintain Raw Materials and Consumable inventories within target, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired materials
- Liaise with suppliers to clarify potential plan constraints and interfaces between supplier and the key internal stakeholders to ensure issue resolution.
- Partner with Global Procurement to drive Supplier performance improvement, including quality and on-time delivery in line with Master Schedule.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum Honours Degree (NFQ level 8) in Supply Chain Management or other related Business discipline essential.
- Supply Chain Certification is preferred e.g. APICS.
- Project Management Certification is desirable.
- A minimum of 4 years relevant Supply Chain Management experience (Planning, Logistics or Manufacturing) is required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Experience in Planning/Purchasing in a multi-national environment.
- Experience in Biopharmaceutical industry preferable.
- Experience of Oracle would be beneficial but ERP system competency is essential.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***
Please click the link below to apply or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to Howie at firstname.lastname@example.org