Supply Chain Specialist
- Innishannon / Inishannon, County Cork, Ireland
You will be working for one of the country’s leading healthcare companies, having first established here over 50 years ago. The Brinny site is a leading facility for the development, testing and manufacturing of new biologics and vaccines, exporting to over 90 countries across the world. With a team of approximately 500 people, the site specialises in the late-stage development and commercial supply of biotech products for life-changing treatments.
JOB DESCRIPTION & SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
The Materials Management Administration Specialist will become a key team member of the Material Management Team within the Supply Chain Department.
The Supply Chain Specialist will support the team delivering on timely implementations of supplier notifications by managing administration activities and non-technical supplier notifications while working collaboratively with all internal departments and external partners, to meet the Manufacturing Division priorities of: Compliance, Supply, Strategy and Profit Plan.
Reporting to the Materials Management Lead, the Supply Chain Specialist will:
- Maintain and build relationships with Customers and Supply Sites in the assigned geographic areas.
- Act as primary contact for the assigned customers, receive, analyse and process forecasts and orders, manage inventory and deliveries and support new product introductions.
- Ensure supply to end customers and develop processes that ensure that this supply is protected.
- Manage and proactively resolve supply issues via effective coordination and communication in close cooperation with the Planning teams, manufacturing sites and the customers.
- Mitigate and avoid future supply issues by thorough root cause analysis and implementation of preventative measures.
- Comply with all company and local regulations, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure highest Quality, Compliance and Safety standards are adhered to.
- Provide administration support through the management and assignment of new supplier notifications including initial assessments of all supplier notifications assigned to the Brinny site.
- Review of Global and Local dashboards and reports to ensure all KPI metrics are met.
- Lead and manage non-technical suppler notifications assigned, ensuring key stakeholders, both internal & external, are kept informed throughout.
- Provide ongoing input and support to the team members, support continuous process improvement initiatives, sharing of knowledge, and promote best practices.
- Participate in problem solving teams as necessary.
- Support the building and fostering relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for actively participating in the Tier process to manage supplier notifications and proactively manage and resolve issues before they impact the business priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Ideally, the Supply Chain Specialist will have:
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical operations (e.g., manufacturing, quality, Supply Chain)
- Knowledge of material qualification and / or supplier notifications.
- Project Management skills and the ability to lead a project.
- Stakeholder management and management of multi decision makers in cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated capability to deliver results Right First Time, in an FDA / HPRA Regulated production environment.
- Demonstrated high level of problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Working proactively and collaborating across multiple functional teams.
- Experience dealing with external suppliers / partners.
- Degree in a Supply Chain discipline.
- Lean Six Sigma qualification or experience in application of lean principles is desirable (but not essential).
- Project Management qualification is desirable (but not essential).
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development is desirable (but not essential).
Please click the link below to apply or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***