Engineering & Electronics
Data Centre – Service Engineer
- Full Time
Data Centres – Service Engineer – Ireland
PE Global are seeking to identify a Service Engineer for one of our key clients, a technology leader providing a range of services with to global customers, delivering Installation commissioning, maintenance & repair services to Industrial & Utility customers throughout Ireland
A pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. Harnessing solutions to service customers within the Data Centres, Renewable Energy, Technology, Energy, Utilities, Transport, Infrastructure, Transformers, Semiconductors, e-Mobility, Smart Cities, Industrial, and Power space. Particularly strong portfolio of products and services together with a highly professional and supportive wider team. With circa 40,000 plus employees in 100+countries, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres.
- Committed to solving some of the biggest global challenges of our time. We focus on safety, integrity, and quality, which is the basis on which we operate.
- Powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter, and greener grid.
- Serving a variety of markets such as Data Centres, Energy, Mobility, Industries and Cities, providing a diverse portfolio of products, systems, services and solutions.
- Playing a key role to transfer the power of the world’s largest wind farms, bring energy to mass transportation systems, and protect the worlds largest cities from blackouts, increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, helping to power homes, keep the factories running, and hospitals and schools open
- Providing a diverse portfolio of products, systems, services and solutions uniting deep domain knowledge and innovative technologies that enable customers across the globe to optimise the critical systems that power, move and connect us.
Reporting to the Country Service Solutions Manager in this varied and exciting role you will be based on various customer sites throughout Ireland. Duties will include Installation Commissioning & Maintenance and Repair of the companies product portfolio. Flexible working hours to balance any weekend work that may be required for significant maintenance tasks and on an impromptu basis as required.
- Join the existing team in delivering Installation commissioning, maintenance & repair services to Industrial & Utility customers throughout Ireland.
- Provide Technical support for customers and the team, Ensure conformity to Electrical Safety Management System, Manage the environmental risks associated with the service business, attend customer FAT and Commissioning
We look for a combination of some of the following – Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Electrician with 10+ experience in HV power systems
- Electrical Substation experience
- Relay programming
- Experience of 38/110/220kV Equipment.
- Strong background in the power sector service & maintenance
- Required technical skills and commercial acumen.
- Experience in delivering technical reports and fault analysis. Maintain Maintenance Management System, complete all customer fault reports & commissioning documentation where required in a timely manner.
- An ability to work under pressure and on your own initiative
- Promote good relations and synergy both internally and externally.
- MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Fluent written & spoken English
- Degree or relevant technical qualification preferred
- Knowledge of electrical industry.
- Focused on delivering results
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to delegate to as well as motivate a team, in executing tasks to deadline
- Clean full driving licence
- Experience in Data Centre energy supply, HV power systems, Electrical Substation experience, Relay programming, Experience of 38/110/220kV Equipment
- Above market salary with annual bonus, pension
- Company Vehicle/Jeep allowance
- Permanent contract working 36.25 hours per week
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Flexible working options
- Opportunity to help steer and share the next phase of growth with this team within a supportive and ambitious company, strongly positioned to take advantage of market demand within this arena