Engineering & Electronics
Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Full Time
- Swindon, Wiltshire, UK
PE Global are looking to experienced Maintenance Technician to join a global reputable Engineering company based in Swindon, Southwest England. This is a Permanent shift position with lucrative salaries and excellent benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Electrically Biased Technician to join our Maintenance Team, predominantly supporting our Materials Manufacturing Facility as part of a dedicated team of multi skilled Technicians. The Maintenance Team is a vital part of our Production Facility, ensuring that the equipment is serviced to schedule and breakdowns are resolved quickly.
This facility manufactures compounds from raw materials which are then used in our production process in our wire and cable facility and also sent to other sites worldwide, we use large mixers, twin screws, extruders etc. as well as other ancillary equipment such as chillers, driers, cutters etc.
You will need to react to unscheduled problems with equipment and be able to diagnose complex electrical or mechanical faults with minimal support. You may also need to move from one machine to another and back again where production priorities dictate.
The successful candidate will need to support, coach and mentor our apprentices and
help them gain the experience they need for their courses. Following a training period, you will be expected to work independently, with minimal supervision
Day to day hands-on maintenance of key production equipment dealing with breakdowns, Total Preventative Maintenance tasks and Overall Equipment Effectiveness improvements programmes.
• To ensure so far as is reasonably practicable that all production equipment is maintained to the highest standards and that machine production downtime is kept to a minimum.
• To work in a safe manner at all times not putting themselves or others at risk from their actions.
• To document all work carried out on SAP
• This role requires the individual to be able to communicate well across all levels, both internally and externally.
• The role requires the individual to take responsibility for the identification of spare parts from suppliers and requesting the raising of internal order requisitions.
• To accurately determine faults, repair and maintain specialist production equipment
Swing Shift: Week 1 Monday – Thursday 06:00 – 14:00 Friday 06:00 -18:00, Week 2 Monday to Thursday 14:00-22:00 Friday OFF
Competitive salary + Shift
Candidates should have completed an approved apprenticeship or similar level experience.
• Proven experience of working within a maintenance role as an electrically biased technician
• Flexibility to switch between different machines needing different disciplines.
• An 18th Edition qualification would be an advantage.
• Experience with DC drives/Motors and PLC’s would be an advantage
• Able to use Tool Room Equipment such as Lathes, Mills, Pillar Drills and Abrasive Wheels.
• Performance-Based Bonus Plans
• Health and Wellness Incentives
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
• Employee Resource Group
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to George Yeadon at email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***