Food , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- Full Time
PE Global Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Experienced Maintenance Technician to join our client, a long-established food manufacturer based in Drogheda. This is a day role, no shift required.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive proactive operational risk identification and mitigation
- Support production at all times by ensuring minimum response times to equipment breakdowns and achievement of equipment availability and OEE targets.
- Ensure compliance to all aspects of the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are maintained.
- Identify and report operational and maintenance problems to prevent production delays
- Schedule routine inspection and maintenance of production equipment to prevent equipment break-downs and malfunctioning
- Timely and effective trouble-shooting and repair of day-to-day equipment and systems issues
- Implementation and on-going development of Total Productive Maintenance systems in conjunction with Operations team.
- Lead and manage all contractors for both on-going maintenance requirements and engineering projects.
- Operation, co-ordination and management of Engineering Stores and the spares requirements
- Contribute to the company’s HACCP, Food safety systems and ensure at all times compliance with the company’s food safety policies and procedures
- Works with other staff in diagnosing causes of system, equipment or material failures
- Collects and utilises data and reports on equipment and systems to generate improvement initiatives to better meet customer and user demands
- Liaise with Operations teams in the planning of maintenance work and addressing equipment performance issues
- Recommends process or system modifications. Assists in diagnosing and finding the answers to technical problems
- Maximise equipment and plant availability through the root cause identification and subsequent elimination of problems/defects
- Reduction/Elimination of all sources of waste and customer complaints
- Relevant experience following completion of an Electrical/Mechanical apprenticeship or a two-three-year college programme in engineering technology (i.e. mechanical, electrical, etc.)
- Cross functional skillset
- A thorough knowledge of the theories and principles of engineering for both electrical and mechanical maintenance across all disciplines is required as well as a sound understanding of design concepts
- Demonstrated track record in diagnosing and correcting technical problems using own initiative and, in a team based GMP environment.
- Ability to work using your own initiative
To apply, simply submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Liam on 021-4297900