Engineering , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- Full Time
Immediate vacancy for Maintenance Technician will report to the site Maintenance Manager. They will work as part of the maintenance team and will work in conjunction with the Production Managers.
The position will involve:
- Technical support for the plant facilities & services including packaging lines, compressed air, steam, refrigeration, and effluent plant
- Strong communication skills with ability to work as part of a team
- Open to new ideas/work practices with an understanding of the principles and tools of a lean manufacturing environment
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks. Ensure all parts are promptly ordered as required
- Update the Preventative Maintenance Management System including stores transactions and work carried out
Key Experience and Skills:
- Relevant Trades Qualification (fitter, fabricator, mechanical)
- Experience with Mechanical maintenance within an automated manufacturing environment an advantage
- Excellent technical English verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a multi-skilled / cross-skilled ethos
- Tig / Stick welding experience desirable
- Observing all on site and legislative rules and regulations in terms of health and safety, food safety and environmental.
- Aptitude for electrical and mechanical process awareness, diagnostics, troubleshooting. Experience gained in a high-volume food or beverage processing environment an advantage. Ability to remain calm and focused
- Complete electro-mechanical repairs to food processing, handling, and packaging equipment
- Responsible for completion of all Planned Maintenance Routines both inside & outside of normal hours as required
- Utilisation of all resources such as manuals, service contracts and external contractors to aid in breakdown recovery.
- Control of contractors and acting as liaison person when required