Engineering & Electronics
Senior Mechanical Engineer
PE Global are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join a leading Energy company based in Lisburn, NI. This is a 12 month contract role very likely to be extended
- Work within a cross- functional team to achieve the agreed deliverables, from product concept to final certification and launch.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing mechanical designs, using CAD modelling tools.
- Lead & support continuous improvement projects across the Business.
- Ensure designs meet and comply with all relevant quality and regulatory standards.
- Support for production related issues, cost reduction exercises, as well as technical support of products in the field.
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical (or equivalent with experience).
- Proven experience in an industrial setting.
- CAD experience – Solidworks / AutoCAD with experience of creating detailed drawings, BOMs and specifications.
- Competency in designing machined metal & sheet metal parts.
- Hands on’ approach to design & testing (ability to assemble and modify prototypes etc.).
- Strong communication skills with ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience working in the power/utilities industry.
- New product introduction (NPI) experience – Design to Validation.
- Experience using FMEA, RCA, 8D tools.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic/Pneumatic control Systems.
- Experience in the simulation and analysis of mechanical designs (ANSYS).
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Reliability (DFR) experience.
- Demonstrate proficiency with PC business applications e.g. Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.