Cloud & Infrastructure , IT
Cloud Engineer – GCP
- Full Time
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK
Cloud Engineer – GCP
PE Global are seeking to identify Cloud Engineer – GCP to join one of our key clients, a global leading digital, cloud and security services company offering the latest multi cloud technology solutions.
Global leader and innovator, embracing new technologies, staying on top of new trends and offering multi cloud solutions to clients of all sizes in a vast array of industry domains and sectors. Positioned to help clients on their cloud transformation Azure, AWS or GCP journeys and strategies.
You will be part of a team which implements Public and Private Cloud technologies and builds and transforms client infrastructure services. This role may either be based from a multi-client delivery centre or at client sites for extended period of times when required. You’ll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking
- Work on multiple Cloud projects as part of a wider Cloud capability team.
- Build and maintain Google Cloud estates as per best practices.
- Migrate applications to Google Cloud.
- Undertake necessary trainings and certifications on latest technologies.
- Evaluate Cloud estate periodically to identify opportunities for optimization.
- Create support documents and share knowledge with the team.
Experience and Qualifications
- Capability of deploying and managing highly available, cost-effective, scalable and secure systems on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- hands-on experience in GCP and related cloud technologies.
- A Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer certification
- Expertise in deploying and managing a Google Cloud environment as per best practices.
- Good understanding of key Google Cloud services including:
- Experience in migrating workloads from on-prem to Google Cloud.
- Experience in configuring backup, monitoring, patching and security of GCP estate.
- Experience in extending on-premises environment to Google Cloud in a hybrid setup.
- Experience in Linux and Windows server system administration and scripting skills.
What’s on offer:
- intent to offer uplift on the selected candidate’s current package which can be discussed with your point of contact at PE Global.
- Competitive compensation package with private Health Insurance, above standard annual leave + service day, personal training & development plan, Health, Wellness & Employee Assistance Program, Flexible hours, Income Protection, Death in service, Maternity/Paternity Pay, Sports & Social, Remote working.
- Opportunity to help steer and share the next phase of growth within a supportive and ambitious company, strongly positioned to take advantage of market demand within this arena