Senior DevOps Engineer
- Full Time
Senior DevOps Engineer
Remote in Europe for US HQ based company
PE Global are seeking to identify a Senior DevOps expert to join one of our highly sophisticated US based software clients with a global engineering team specialising in last mile delivery, powering millions of deliveries for customers around the world across a wide range of retail, e-commerce businesses touching most industries.
Great product, team and culture, extremely well-funded and expanding globally at pace. Particular growth in Europe due to significant increase in customer uptake and activity.
Our client would like to appoint a talented team member to take ownership and help improve; ongoing infrastructure projects, toolchain, how they deploy and monitor systems, integrate with multi-region provisioning systems, devops roadmap, own new projects to expand their infrastructure, creation of reporting tools that aggregate multiple system data sources, setting up detailed monitoring for API performance, creation of SLA target monitoring, multi-regional environment support, continuous integration improvements, scale up of testing environment and ultimately guide the team to build and operate resilient, performant, secure and maintainable system powering operational control of business-critical deliveries for all customers.
This role is key to the company’s growth plan and will be rewarded with uplift on current salary, health insurance, flex week, flex vacations, learning and development stipend, fitness stipend, generous employee stock options, preferential hardware set up.
Our client is on a mission to make it easy for every retailer to offer fast, affordable, and delightful delivery to their customers. They make it easy for businesses to manage and analyze their local delivery operations. Their product includes intuitive smartphone apps for drivers, a powerful modern web dashboard for dispatchers, and automatic notifications and real-time tracking for recipients. Powering millions of deliveries every month, for thousands of businesses around the world across a range of industries.
As the company continues to grow, their talented team remain committed to radical transparency, integrity, and individual growth. And believe that their unique background and experience adds tremendous value to the organization and will empower you to take absolute ownership of business challenges and the execution of solutions.
Seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer located in Europe to help their engineering team build and operate resilient, performant, and maintainable systems. Their mobile apps, dashboard, and APIs power operational control of business-critical deliveries for all their customers, so will have many opportunities to contribute to the shared success.
What the role entails:
- Within the first two weeks: You will understand the product and basic infrastructure.
- In the first month: You will understand the context of ongoing infrastructure projects, all current metrics and alerts, and be conversant with the devops toolchain.
- In the second month: You will be collaborating with engineering & devops to improve how we deploy and monitor systems, integrating with our multi-region provisioning systems.
- By the third month: You will have participated in at least one on-call first-level rotation.
- By the sixth month: You will help guide our devops roadmap and own new projects to expand our infrastructure.
- Possible project focus areas are: Creation of reporting tools that aggregate multiple system data sources, setting up detailed monitoring for API performance, creation of SLA target monitoring, multi-regional environment support, continuous integration improvements, scale up of testing environment.
What You’ll Bring:
- Proficiency with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Proficiency with monitoring tools such as Datadog and New Relic, providing clear visibility of the customer’s experience.
- Experience creating useful system documentation, participating in an on-call rotation.
- Experience collaborating with support to gather data and resolve customer-facing issues.
- Experience with security monitoring.
- Experience with automation systems like Jenkins.
- Experience with monitoring metrics at all levels of application performance (OS, vendors, language tools, databases).
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with external auditing vendors (pentest, security, SOC2).
- Experience with multi-region, multi-configuration deployments
What’s on offer:
- The role can be based in any country UK or EU and the salary offered will be specific to reflect the individual in terms of uplift on current and meeting expectations, there is no set in stone budget and some flexibility on salary due to the remote nature of the role
- Generous employee stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance