Senior Statistical Programmer
- Greater London
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Senior Statistical Programmer for a leading Biopharma client. Remote within the UK.
- The role involves producing analysis datasets using SAS (and possibly R) and creating visualisations from these datasets using Spotfire or R Shiny as well as work to lead and QC observational studies.
- This newly created role is in order to support the production of Real World Evidence using Real World Data consisting of large Japanese claims and hospital databases. The databases are stored in either the OMOP common data model or in native format. On occasion analyses in other large observational databases will be needed, for example in the CPRD.
- At times the successful candidate will need to deliver results within short timelines and on occasion will need to balance more than one study at a time.
- The role will involve interpreting plans of analysis developed by our epidemiologists.
- Excellent SAS programming skills, however candidates with limited SAS knowledge but with knowledge of R or Python will also be considered. Candidates will need to have a strong programming background. Knowledge of SQL is needed. Applications from candidates with experience of working with Spotfire are encouraged.
- Candidates must be comfortable with creating complex analysis datasets derived from large databases and have a careful eye for outliers and errors. This will include checking the accuracy of programs written by colleagues.
- Candidates with experience of working with observational data and with epidemiological knowledge will be favoured. The main skills we are looking for however are the ability to interpret and clarify the details of a plan of analysis and to implement the programming necessary to deliver the results requested. Communication is key in this role.
- The ability to work effectively and successfully in a team environment, strong documentation, communication and time management skills are essential. The team works using Agile methodology.
- At least 5 year’s experience in statistical programming.