Health & Safety Advisor
- Full Time
- South Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
Health & Safety Advisor required for permanent role with an international construction company to join their team in Copenhagen, the right candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the HS&E strategy on Projects while ensuring that a Positive Safety Culture is maintained on a continual basis, assist in assuring our client is established as industry leaders in relation to Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Ensure the implementation of the safety management system and safe systems of work in line with statutory obligations.
- Work closely with operational team and subcontractors to support the development and monitoring of safe systems of work and risk assessments to ensure all project activities are adequately planned and executed.
- Auditing and Reporting. Ensuring Projects are audited; H&S indices are tracked, and non-conformances are addressed.
- Support and engage the workforce in the identification of occupational health safety and environmental risk and coach them in risk mitigation.
- Ensure projects operate in compliance with all statutory requirements and best practice.
- Highlight and Advise on Health and safety related issues from preconstruction to completion of all associated project works.
- Attend Start Up meetings with site teams and be an active participant.
- Implement our client’s policy, procedures, and management systems.
- Support the development and delivery of the project induction and other communications to the workforce.
- Provide advice, guidance, and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including subcontractors where appropriate).
- Assist in accreditation applications Auditing and Reporting.
- Facilitate internal and external inspections/ audits and ensure the timely close out of any issues arising.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Ensure issues follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Support coordinate and lead (as necessary) the investigation of incidents to ensure effective learning outcomes and timely closure of actions.
- Identify staff training requirements and deliver appropriate training.
- Third level qualification in H&S or a related discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience working on large scale commercial/construction projects.
- Highly organised and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Conscientious, highly focused and detail orientated.
- Self-starter and the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders.
Please click the link below to apply, call Emma on 083 009 3553 or alternatively send an up to date CV email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland & UK***