Sustainability and Capital Projects Coordinator
- Full Time
- County Kildare, Kildare, Ireland
PE Global Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Sustainability and Capital Projects Coordinator for our client, a commercial semi-state body whose mission is to develop and promote Ireland as a world centre of excellence for horse racing and breeding. Our client provides capital investment to assist with the upgrading and development of Racecourses across Ireland.
- Provide technical support to the Racecourse Capital Development & Sustainability Manager to deliver a portfolio of capital projects across all 26 Racecourses on all island basis.
- Support the management of new environmental orientated projects and initiatives on all racecourses that receive capital investment grants from HRI.
- Liaise and collaborate with suppliers, Architects, M&E Designers and construction consultants as necessary on capital & environmental projects.
- Attend sites to monitor; the progress of live projects, adherence to Building Regulations, ensure value for money and prepare reports of findings.
- Provide project status information, progress reports and evidence of ongoing works to HRI’s Financial Services Shared Centre and the Capital and Treasury Manager on all live capital projects.
- Understand and provide advice to Racecourse Managers on energy savings practices in the use of, and where applicable, the replacement of HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning) equipment.
- Advise Racecourse Managers on energy efficient projects but balanced with ensuring cost effective solutions are employed on sites where the energy consumptions profiles are predominantly low for long periods with very high peaks 20 -30 times a year.
- Support Racecourse Managers in adhering the public procurement processes relative to their project spends.
- Assist Racecourses with fulfilling their legal requirements as a client, in complying with Environmental, Health & Safety and building regulations and standards.
- Manage all internal and external stakeholder’s expectations in line with recognised Industry Standards and best practice.
- Other adhoc duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- A highly motivated individual with experience of working to deadlines.
- Solution orientated with strong organisational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A recognised qualification (level 8) in a technical discipline (Engineering, Building Services or M&E) with minimum of 7 years post graduate experience.
- Experience in rolling out renewable energy projects (Solar, CHP, Heat Pumps etc) would be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of energy management / sub-metering / energy efficient solutions for reducing consumption and GHG emissions.
- Full clean driving licence required.
- Experience in full Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, Teams) of programmes.
- Strong attention to detail with high quality work output.
- Previous experience providing maintenance /engineering support in commercial /agricultural, or sports / racecourse buildings would be an advantage but not essential.
- An understanding of the National Climate Action Plan (CAP) and the Sustainability & Energy Authority Ireland’s (SEAI) role in funding and supporting the CAP would be beneficial.
- An interest in horse racing an advantage but not essential.